3000 Watts for $300 - To Good to be true? BB5000D AD-1 Results

Seriously man? Do you have nothing better to do on here than sit and talk shit? I've been working 12 hour days, give me a break. Go back and read my post from the beginning. I said I realistically see it doing 2300-2500 watts. If you find me one other amp that I can get for cheaper than my dealer cost on this amp that will do over 1700 certified at 12 volts then I'll happily shut up. Until then, stop busting my balls. Everyone else on here agrees that it is a good deal. I don't make the amp, nor do I badge it with a 5000watt max power tag. Do I agree with that marketing tactic.... no. Do I think it's a good 2000 watt amp, yes. Why would I post a video of it doing 1710 if I'm trying to tell people it will do 5000? That makes no sense.

Ok Lets review what else you have said here.

I will happily tell a customer that it will do 3000 watts on perfect voltage. On a more realistic level though, I would also say that you can see 1500 on a regular charging system. It takes power to make power. It's that simple

Earlier you said you would tell a customer that it will do 3000w, but you dynoed it doing 1710w. Now you say it is a good 2000w amp. Pick your story. Also dealer cost is not a relevant argument. Everyone that will be looking to buy that amp wont be paying your dealer cost, they will be paying MAP/Retail or somewhere in between the two.

Lets look at what we actually have here.

Amp is rated for 3000w@1 ohm but pulled 1710w= FAIL

i know it is just my opinion, but i would not be comfortable selling an amp to people with them believing it can do 5000 w, when i know they will really only see 2000ish...i dunno...just me.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Yay. Another cheap amp that doesn't do rated but people will still buy it and think they're smarter than everyone else who pays for quality.

Beyond the fact that it didn't make power... the durability is obviously suspect. And what do you do with a $300 amp when it fries? Pay $150-200 to fix it? Nope. In the garbage it goes and (probably) buy another one just like it. So now you've spent $600 on "2k" when you could have gotten a solid amp to begin with.

The race to zero is alive and well.

Yay. Another cheap amp that doesn't do rated but people will still buy it and think they're smarter than everyone else who pays for quality.

Beyond the fact that it didn't make power... the durability is obviously suspect. And what do you do with a $300 amp when it fries? Pay $150-200 to fix it? Nope. In the garbage it goes and (probably) buy another one just like it. So now you've spent $600 on "2k" when you could have gotten a solid amp to begin with.

The race to zero is alive and well.

I understand your line of thinking, but the fact holds true that there are a lot of people who started off with cheap amps and progressed to higher quality. I think there is a place for cheap components. I personally had a road gear amp in my truck for years. Still works. I upgraded, but it served a purpose at the time. I couldn't afford higher priced amps at the time. That amp brought me enjoyment because I like listening to music. That's enjoyment I wouldn't have had without that 80 dollar amp. I'm not arguing with you. But I know people who started of with cheap amps that are now elitists that won't buy anything less than the best.

2002 GMC 2500HD w/8.1 liter v-8

Pioneer Avic N-5 HU

Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth

Pioneer CD-UB100 usb

Pioneer GEX-P910XM XM receiver

Pioneer CD-1200 IPhone adapter

Pioneer TS-W309D2 subs x2

Audiopipe split 3003

2 Autotek 3-way active crossovers

2 alpine tweeters

RF Punch P132 3.5" full range

RF Power T1462 4x6 full range

RF Power T1693 6x9 3 way

RF Power T2652 T2 6.5 components

2 Autotek ATX 1200.4 amps 4

RF P400 amp

Massive N4 nano-block

I measure loud by the amount of smoke it puts out.

www.enforcer-gaming.com

I hear you, man. But you may not have bought that Road Gear amp if you had someone more knowledgable tell you that you could get Punch 45 used for around the same price (or whatever).

In this day and age of the interwebz and forums and endless information... there's just no excuse not to get the absolute MOST for your money. I've bought at least (3) AQ2200's for less than $300 and it would skull drag this Belva.

The people who buy amps like these are the uninformed, the impatient or the hard headed. Or all three.

I would rather run a solid 1k than a cheap "3k" or 5k or 2k or whatever you want to call this amp.

But I do agree with you about just getting people wangin'. I don't make fun of people for running AudioPipe or VVME or Belva or whatever, but if they ask me should they get one... it's a resounding "no".

I hear you, man. But you may not have bought that Road Gear amp if you had someone more knowledgable tell you that you could get Punch 45 used for around the same price (or whatever).

In this day and age of the interwebz and forums and endless information... there's just no excuse not to get the absolute MOST for your money. I've bought at least (3) AQ2200's for less than $300 and it would skull drag this Belva.

The people who buy amps like these are the uninformed, the impatient or the hard headed. Or all three.

I would rather run a solid 1k than a cheap "3k" or 5k or 2k or whatever you want to call this amp.

But I do agree with you about just getting people wangin'. I don't make fun of people for running AudioPipe or VVME or Belva or whatever, but if they ask me should they get one... it's a resounding "no".

I couldnt agree with you more. It really pisses me off when a "shop" or "dealer" who now has the proper tool to test an amps actual real world output and finds out that it doesnt do what it claims will still push it to a customer as a quality product. Are you going to put a sign on the amp sitting on your shelf telling customers the amps actual output? Doubtful!

Sell your customers a quality product that you can proudly stand behind!

N8 always said: if you have to say, "but it's good for the price" .... It's _ _ _ _

A piece if shit. Just because it does 2k or whatever doesnt make it less than a piece of shit.

This thought of the day contributed by n8s keep it resl car audio and screw all the broke asses and their feelings.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I wouldn't either. It's good if you enjoy the sound it makes, no matter what it is.

I agree, most of the people who buy them are uninformed. A lot of them go to their local car audio store to be told what they need. Unfortunately, that's a bad decision in some cases. That's what makes forums like this so valuable. People can learn here. I've looked on other forums in the past. It seemed like there were a lot of elitists on some of them. If you didn't buy what they considered the best, they wouldn't even reply or would reply just to knock the person down.

2002 GMC 2500HD w/8.1 liter v-8

Pioneer Avic N-5 HU

Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth

Pioneer CD-UB100 usb

Pioneer GEX-P910XM XM receiver

Pioneer CD-1200 IPhone adapter

Pioneer TS-W309D2 subs x2

Audiopipe split 3003

2 Autotek 3-way active crossovers

2 alpine tweeters

RF Punch P132 3.5" full range

RF Power T1462 4x6 full range

RF Power T1693 6x9 3 way

RF Power T2652 T2 6.5 components

2 Autotek ATX 1200.4 amps 4

RF P400 amp

Massive N4 nano-block

I measure loud by the amount of smoke it puts out.

www.enforcer-gaming.com

Archived