Pioneer AVH p2300 DVD On/Off Feature

I've been using this head-unit for sometime awhile almost 3 years or so and I'm loving every feature of this head-unit... how ever one downside is that I can't seem to find On/Off feature because I've seen other pioneers head units can but why not mine? Is there any good reasons why I can't turn my off when I wanted to?

The reason I want to turn off my head-unit it depending on receptions or going into car wash, or sometimes my amp would cut off rarely and I hate when I have to restart my car... especially worse case scenario being on high-way and amp cuts off... gotta pull over and restart the car then resume back on the highway..

If there anything potential I can find a way to turn on/off my head-unit that'd be great! If not... I guess it time for me to go Kenwood... I was told Kenwood double din have one of the best head-unit functions and including with ON/OFF!

2 12 Kickers CVR | Kenwood 9105D @ 2 Ohms | Box tuned 39 hertz low custom | Nissan Maxima 01 SE 3.5 | I have no idea what my dB at :shrug:

"If you hear me Booming around the block then you better be prepared to call the police on me before I drive-by your house!" :roflmao: :asskiss:

"Boom cars so goddamn loud it ridiculous, hey excuse me what about your fartcan back of your car vroom, vroom!" :crazy:

maybe you can with the remote?

have you tried holding the source button for a few seconds? I know thats how my buddies 4300dvd gets turned off.

Y\you could wire a switch in on your amp(s) remote to turn the remote wire on/off. Something I normally do for sub amps when I install a system.

also you can put your car in neutral, turn it off, and then start it back up, while still rolling, then put it back in drive. granted you will lose things like power steering until you restart your car. LOL

also you can put your car in neutral, turn it off, and then start it back up, while still rolling, then put it back in drive. granted you will lose things like power steering until you restart your car. LOL

:peepwall: Oook.... yeah that not happening lol!

I know I have a remote somewhere inside my car... I didn't know on remote says Source Off.... wow after 3 years and I never knew about it?! Thanks mate I'll look into today!

2 12 Kickers CVR | Kenwood 9105D @ 2 Ohms | Box tuned 39 hertz low custom | Nissan Maxima 01 SE 3.5 | I have no idea what my dB at :shrug:

"If you hear me Booming around the block then you better be prepared to call the police on me before I drive-by your house!" :roflmao: :asskiss:

"Boom cars so goddamn loud it ridiculous, hey excuse me what about your fartcan back of your car vroom, vroom!" :crazy:

Yea, probably not the best idea. LOL

But rather being frustrated with having no way to turn the radio off (which Im sure there is), Id be more frustrated as to why my amps sometimes cut off, or over heat, or whatever their problem is and try to get that issue resolved. Then it wouldnt really matter about the headunit not being able to turn off. ;)

Press the source button and switch to "no source", it will go into demo mode and have the same affect as if you turned it off.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Audiofanaticz, thank you so much it worked I managed to shut off my head-unit but not completely it would just go to source off which in meaning of that my Amplifier does turn off which satisfied me! Thank you for helping me out!

KillaCam, yeah I just figured that out from him when I press Source from head-unit it will go into demo mode, kinda lame but with the remote it will just go to Source off mode while you can still see display, however my amps is off which is what I wanted.

Thanks guys!

Archived