a good cheap battery?

hey guys, i've had a lead acid under the hood and a big kinetik in the back(isolated of course). last night my lead acid took a crap on me. it was fine and then all of the sudden the voltage is at 10.5 when i go to start my car. the back battery started up the car and everything is charging correctly. as soon as i turn the car off again the front battery cant handle any load.

so what is a cheap agm to go under the hood? it only has to deal with starting the car .everything on my car is going wrong at once so it must be a cheap battery under $100. i remember reading about dekas a while back when someone posted a link to some really cheap ones. does anyone know where that was?

Thanks guys!

Deka is the best budget agm batteries IMO. and alot of people agree.

I had 2 dekas, with a 7k amp at 0.35 !! and it held up. (beast 270xp alt tho!)

that was remy off brand deka battery 90 bux. sold out and re-badge back to Deka and now its like 110-130, but same battery with different sticker lol

quick question. i checked my battery terminals and my negative side was stripped out. i just had my car in the shop to have them diagnose an engine problem i couldn't figure out so they must have stripped it. so my question is can a kind of loose battery terminal cause the battery to not charge up all the way? i shut the car off after driving and the front voltage is normal for a second. if i so much as touch the dome light though the battery voltage goes to like 10.5

Yeah, a loose battery terminal can cause many issues? Is the post stripped or the terminal? If it's the post, get a new battery. If it's the terminal, get a new terminal.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

well i ended up realizing that the battery that went bad had a 5 year warranty and it had only been a few years since i bought it. i took it in and got it replaced for free at autozone. that means im stuck with a lead acid under the hood still, but oh well. at least this one has a 5 year warranty too!

im stoked! i really didnt want to have to buy a battery right now.

Archived