RobertR Posted August 17, 2013 Report Posted August 17, 2013 So.......I have a chance to pick up a pair of Fosgate power hx2 12's for next to nothing. My question is would these be a good platform to do a custom build? How much of a spl gain could I get over stock power hx2's? BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
CleanSierra Posted August 17, 2013 Report Posted August 17, 2013 Yes they would be a good platform for a custom build. Plenty of guys have used that setup to do custom subs. 4" coil, yes please As far as the gain goes, more modern soft parts can take more abuse. As far as an SPL gain though, no one can tell you, as there are MANY more factors than just a sub and its power handling. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
RobertR Posted August 20, 2013 Author Report Posted August 20, 2013 Any suggestions you guys can give me for this would be great. I am leaning more towards spl for these. Should I use the stock baskets or maybe some TI baskets? PSI or PAP soft parts? Anybody other then rockford fosgate make a recone kit that will drop in? BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
rockFord_Expedition Posted August 20, 2013 Report Posted August 20, 2013 Im in for pics if you get them. lots of xmax there, love those subs. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
RobertR Posted August 20, 2013 Author Report Posted August 20, 2013 ask....and yee shall receive. BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
RobertR Posted August 20, 2013 Author Report Posted August 20, 2013 Traded some gear to get them. So far im only into these for $65. They are a little dusty and the stickers on the bottom are a little tore up but all in all they are in excellent shape. Unfortunately its late so I dont get to play with them tonight. I will get them cleaned up for some better pics tomorrow. Coils tested perfectly though. BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
rockFord_Expedition Posted August 20, 2013 Report Posted August 20, 2013 Damn I would have jumped on them for $65. Great deal I had the punch hx2 series, 2 15's and 3 12's and I loved those damn things. Wish I didn't have to get rid of em, but desperate times eh Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Smoove Posted August 20, 2013 Report Posted August 20, 2013 I have a Punch HX2 10 BNIB. Can't seem to seem to figure out what I wanna put it in 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
RobertR Posted August 20, 2013 Author Report Posted August 20, 2013 anybody have any experience dealing with Springfield Speakers? They make a full kit for power hx2's for $65 that bumps these up to 1800 watt rms. Price seems a little low to me. At that price I am a little concerned about quality. I would really like to hear from somebody that has used psi soft parts. BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
RobertR Posted August 20, 2013 Author Report Posted August 20, 2013 here is the link http://www.springfieldspeakerrepair.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HX2ROCck4D2%2D3112 BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.