Is Pioneer Better Or Alpine... Forget That Question... What Do You Like Better

.Supra.

i think im going to get pioneer because from the features it looks like the pioneer provides more as far as eq settings which is really what im going for

so at some point im going to give my alpine a wall socket death so i can use that warranty to get a new headunit

hopefully i should get a new headunit instead of them sending mine in to get fixed... my bro a while back blew his and they let him pick a new one that was equally or lower than the price he bought his for

I like my alpine over my past pioneers, i have always had the mid higher end from both companies, 750mp 760mp 780mp 9855 9886. the alpines just always were alot better for me i liked where all the settings were i liked not having to ground RCA's i liked glidetouch, yea im probably the only one who liked it but it was cool imo.

did you buy it at best buy? if so just make sure there are ni apparent burn marks. if you did buy it there look on you receipt to see if you purchased a "service" plan or a "replacement" plan. if its a service one they will send it out to be fixed. a replacement plan they will exchange it for the exact one. the only way you can get a different one is to return it depending on how long ago you purchased the HU.

----reference's----

meade916

i prefer alpine. i just bought the 9883 and love it. the way the ipod controls on the alpine are to me is its only drawback. the pioneer has a very nice EQ though. it all comes down to personal taste. everyone of the new 2008 model year pioneers i have tested though have only had a max RCA voltage output of 2.9 and they are advertised at 4.0. my alpine has a 3.9 voltage on all 3 sets. i like the the fact that when you run a highs amp with the alpine you can turn the internal amp in the HU off to cut back on distortion and help with heat. in my professional opinion. they are both amazing products. but if i had to buy a new HU it would depend on whether i was doing a SQ set-up or a daily set-up. for SQ and terrific sound and a geat EQ. but not that many people have the alpine, howeve they are usually more expensive.

not to thread jack but how do you turn off the internal amp on the Alpine? I can't find it in the manual.

i got a pioneer 5800 for my car in may 2006, then a different pioneer 5800 for mt 4runner. i sold the 1 out of my car to a friend of mine, because i dont drive the car any more. neither of ours have ever had any problems. another friend of mine got a truck with an alpine in it, im not sure what model it is, but it has the sub level on it, and it doesn't work. also, a friend of mine sold his alpine for a pioneer, and has never been happier.

as for the pioneer 5000, i work at an audio shop so i get to play around with a few different cdplayers. i dont personally like the menus on this model without using the remote. the knob is too sensitive, it needs precise movement .

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

Archived