Second Skin Audio

Sundown SA-12: less powerful than I tought?

Golitan11

LOL it is not because it is rated at 800W @ 2 ohms that I cannot run it at 800W @ 1 ohm! The gain can be set to whatever you like you know... Anyway yeah I set my gain with a DMM to get 800W @ 1 ohm (I tested the box terminals resistance just to be sure and it was really showing ~1,1 ohm with the DMM). My gain was already set with the subwoofer output level (on the headunit) to the maximum (which is +6). But some told me that it would more possibly clip at that level so I consider to reset my gain the subwoofer output level at 0 with a -5 dB test tone (instead of 0 dB) and when I want to show off I will just have to crank the subwoofer output level.

I'm surprised no one caught this...

OP, you have a D2 sub? But claim the sub is getting 800 watts rms which is what the amp is rated to do at 2 ohms. So you cannot be wired to 2 ohms nominal, either 1 ohm or 4 ohms. I wonder if you're wired to 4 ohms nominal.

Also, you're going to want your sub level turned up, you're not getting full 4 volts output like that. How were the gains set?

And I agree with Klown, for a single 12" I'd shoot for like 1-1.5^3

1^3???

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

My box is port up and subwoofer up (I was suppose to face it back but I did not have enough wire, like 5 inches lol, to connect the amplifier to the box terminals, so I cannot move it either I am really straight on wires). Anyway if it was facing back there would only be a small gap of like 3 inches between the subwoofer and the door so I prefer facing it up. My box, like I said, is a home-made ported one (2 cubic feet tuned at 35 hz, L-slot port).

Kicker's sound louder cause they rattle and distort, Sa's put out good clean sound, your ears are used to hearing garbage. Trust me, Sa's pound

And that is not sealed off, and I know I would gain sealed off because it's louder with trunk open

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Can't compare a brand new woofer to anything to till it is broke in, they will get louder as they loosen up.

thats true my sd-2 10's they got louder when they got done breaking in

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Archived