321slapinbass Posted August 21, 2013 Report Posted August 21, 2013 im guessing the box is 10 cubes gross. so use 4x 6" ports at 27.5" long for a tuning of about 33hz and a net volume of about 7.6 cubes after sub and port displacement. also i would add some bracing and a double baffle for the subs. the bracing might rise you tuning a little but you wont be able to tell. You tune to net volume not the gross. yes, i was stating that the box is 10 cubes gross before any displacement, the net volume is 7.6 cubes after displacement with 4x 6" ports at 27.5" long to achieve a tuning of 33hz. 10 cubes gross 2 cubes port displacement 0.4 cubes sub displacement edit : like i already stated, at 7.6 cubes the ports need to be 27.5" long for 33hz 2000 Dodge Durango Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm Mids + Highs - PRV Audio Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4 Headunit - Alpine CDE-100 Equalizer - Clarion EQS746 Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0 Alternator - Singer 250A 147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash 147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos
Krakin Posted August 22, 2013 Report Posted August 22, 2013 K. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
OrionStang Posted August 22, 2013 Report Posted August 22, 2013 Guys no help? 4 6inch PVC at what length to get me 33hrz? Or one 12pvc at what length to get me 33hrz? I would love to build a new box but can't fund another $120 in material, the wify would kill me! No help? Really? You need a new fucking box. How much clearer can that be? Save a little here and there and build a new box. There should be no rush, bass ain't going anywhere. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Pauly1987 Posted August 22, 2013 Author Report Posted August 22, 2013 Box gross before subs and ports is 11.5 After subs is 11! I have taken into account the ports! But I'm guessing when all is said and done I'm at 10 give or take
Krakin Posted August 22, 2013 Report Posted August 22, 2013 More like Height x width x depth. But in all reality just saving a little a week will be the best. Why settle with something you know will not be properly built when it could be done right? Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Pauly1987 Posted August 22, 2013 Author Report Posted August 22, 2013 Orion stang if u don't like what I'm posting or how I'm going about building my box then say "build a new box" then leave the thread I don't need your post if they hold no help to the discussion but rather negativity and foul language thanks
321slapinbass Posted August 22, 2013 Report Posted August 22, 2013 More like Height x width x depth. But in all reality just saving a little a week will be the best. Why settle with something you know will not be properly built when it could be done right? true dat, op just save up and do it right the first time..... i mean the second time 2000 Dodge Durango Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm Mids + Highs - PRV Audio Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4 Headunit - Alpine CDE-100 Equalizer - Clarion EQS746 Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0 Alternator - Singer 250A 147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash 147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos
Krakin Posted August 22, 2013 Report Posted August 22, 2013 He is trying to help you. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
OrionStang Posted August 22, 2013 Report Posted August 22, 2013 Orion stang if u don't like what I'm posting or how I'm going about building my box then say "build a new box" then leave the thread I don't need your post if they hold no help to the discussion but rather negativity and foul language thanks Are you kidding? I am trying to help you. To keep you from wasting your time on a design that is going to be "shit". You are going to spend more in the long run if you keep rebuilding, just do it right once. You can be the know-it-all or you can listen to reason and the experienced members here. Your choice. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Pauly1987 Posted August 22, 2013 Author Report Posted August 22, 2013 57w 29h 15d is the box I just purchased 12inch PVC for my ports so ill do some research and see what I can do do to salvage this box Thanks for your help Paul
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.