Second Skin Audio

Making 8" PVC ports. Flare Achieved!

P4killer_

Is the flare on the end necessary? I know nothing about any kind of areo port lol

Yeah it is preferred. Lowers turbulence. If you can do it at both ends it's even better.

Well be flaring the other end after testing for tuning etc.. in order to save time on constant cutting and reflaring during testing.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Yea thats not a half bad idea. Just make the flare out of wood and mount it to straight pipe ftw. ill keep that in mind.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

This is very interesting. I plan on running aero ports on my next box. I think it would be quite an experience to make them myself rather than get someone else to.

I mean if you need 6" or smaller just buy em online. its perfect, the can be easilly adjusted and or changed etc. but anything larger than 6", you gotta work it yourself. Ive seen a bunch of pics here and there of 8, 10 , 12" etc from pvc or alu.. , and even a few at shows here and there. But nothing really showing you how to do it etc. not that its hard or anything, buts its always easier with something to go off of. and learn from someone elses mistakes.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Yea thats not a half bad idea. Just make the flare out of wood and mount it to straight pipe ftw. ill keep that in mind.

Cheap, cheap. That port won me a world championship and set a world record. Lol.

15CB9109-410B-425C-8FA4-C6EC1F1EE317-170

yea.. there we go. done and done. looks like you glassed it on there and milkshaked over it all?

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

I mean if you need 6" or smaller just buy em online. its perfect, the can be easilly adjusted and or changed etc. but anything larger than 6", you gotta work it yourself. Ive seen a bunch of pics here and there of 8, 10 , 12" etc from pvc or alu.. , and even a few at shows here and there. But nothing really showing you how to do it etc. not that its hard or anything, buts its always easier with something to go off of. and learn from someone elses mistakes.

I'm going for 2 8 inch aeros. If I could easily make them myself that would definitely beat paying 100 or more for some pvc. Plus I could make extras to be interchangeable to change tuning for spl events.

yea do it like taylor.. prolly way easier. although im willing to bet tomorrows hot oil go is going to be alllottt better. in that case hell pvc ftw, 2 min in a fryer, and bam flared. but wood is certainly more controllable. and that cement tubing can be found anywhere. i paid the guy $20 for 6 feet total 3ft of each, 10" and 8" so it wasnt that bad, but i also spent ya know $15 on a heat gun. 15 on two bowls, 15 on oil. and then theres the fiberglasss and bondo to come..

so quick tube would likely be a better option. but work with what ya got to get it done

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Archived