Audiofanaticz PC "upgrading watercooling Page12" updated 2/3/16

I installed geforce experience the first time, after realizing game settings seemed kinda dumbed down, i uninstalled it.

I guess it sets your settings similar to what others set theirs with similar components.

Felt it looked kinda trashy yet, so I maxed everything out and use my own settings.

I am wondering...

Do you use auto config for graphics on games?

Or is that usually too low of a setting for what your pc is really capable of?

thanks

I installed geforce experience the first time, after realizing game settings seemed kinda dumbed down, i uninstalled it.

I guess it sets your settings similar to what others set theirs with similar components.

Felt it looked kinda trashy yet, so I maxed everything out and use my own settings.

GeForce Experience pulls game settings from Nvidia, not from other users. Nvidia has a team that tests their GPUs in a ton of games at a ton of resolutions to see what looks best and still plays smoothly on a given graphics card at a given resolution. GeForce Experience reads what card you have and the resolution of your monitor and checks their database for that combo and applies the "Nvidia recommended" settings to give you a good looking game while still getting smooth gameplay.

It's useful for people who don't want to bother tweaking settings. It's also useful for people who have mid-range cards and crank everything to max and then wonder why their game is slow and choppy. From my experience with it it works well but with my rig it just sets everything at max anyway. :P

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

swore I read something on it about it detecting your hardware and basing it off other users who have similar hardware and settings they are using to set your settings..

all I know I dont like it, and was instantly uninstalled after I had to change my settings not once but twice and found out it was the reason why my settings kept reverting back after scratching my head and googling it. My past loaner card was too old to use it so with my 780ti its the first time actually attempting to use it.

I just know my settings where messed up bad..

1600by900 (which is a bit far down from my native res)

field of view was 40 or 50

texture quality and filtering was low, and most the other settings where medium

LOL

Maybe it was just due to running beta drivers? but still no need when everything is turned up all the way.

swore I read something on it about it detecting your hardware and basing it off other users who have similar hardware and settings they are using to set your settings..

all I know I dont like it, and was instantly uninstalled after I had to change my settings not once but twice and found out it was the reason why my settings kept reverting back after scratching my head and googling it. My past loaner card was too old to use it so with my 780ti its the first time actually attempting to use it.

I just know my settings where messed up bad..

1600by900 (which is a bit far down from my native res)

field of view was 40 or 50

texture quality and filtering was low, and most the other settings where medium

LOL

Maybe it was just due to running beta drivers? but still no need when everything is turned up all the way.

AMD partnered with a company called Raptr to make a GeForce Experience style knock off. Raptr is probably what you're thinking of, as it uses crowd-sourced settings from users with a similar configuration as you rather than settings from AMD.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered my 2nd EVGA 780Ti.. Newegg 1 day shipping, and rush processing (which is free now) becuase NewEgg was stupid enough to give me a nice line of credit along with a preferred account.

More then likely the card wont be here until tuesday being late friday night already.

Ive been tempted to order 2 cards a few days ago, but the PowerSupply I want is not out yet, and I know my current PSU wont handle 3 cards and a 220watt cpu at stock voltages let alone oced, so hopefully I can run 2 cards.. crosses fingers

Ill have a copy of Assasians creed4 too give away, and still think i got splintercell black or something, and possibly batman (would have another splintercell but I activated that promo already and know I dont like it. ha

So another update finally..

More to come shortly when items get released.

Still need a new case but still slightly undecided on what, but it needs to have room in it.

Waiting on a couple powersupplies to be released as well Both EVGA and Corsair have new models ready to drop. Almost ordered a Corsair AX1200i but people in reviews are claiming doa, or lasted 6hours before failing, or only lasting a week then failing, and corsair not even giving customers any sorts of CS on newegg with the units... So I thought maybe a EVGA 1300G2 or whatever, but not much better of an option review wise.. So Ill play the waiting game for either of their new units to be released.

I also have my eye on a new monitor, a keyboard, maybe a 3rd video card. possibly very soon too!

So I realized today that my current PSU was a 750watt and not a 650watt, figured maybe it will have just enough power to push 2 cards, but I couldnt find my other PCIe power connectors, or even the couple other molex connectors to make my own plug.

Then I remembered my garage PC, and robbed parts from it. LoL

Some pics.

ty08.jpg

affo.jpg

s5yl.jpg

mqhj.jpg

h1a5.jpg

ragc.jpg

82sc.jpg

bjhc.jpg

aiti.jpg

unv1.jpg

iicn.jpg

c4e7.jpg

hosg.jpg

w5jn.jpg

f7b0.jpg

li7i.jpg

t9up.jpg

bv5b.jpg

So as it stands I have my Corsair 750watt cpu powering everything in my tower as normal, than the CoolerMaster 700 watt as a secondary psu to give my 2nd EVGA GTX780Ti SC its power, and not having to dick around making power cables out of damn near nothing. Keep in mind, this is just to use my new card in SLI until one of the actual power supplies im interested in get released.

What power supply do you plan on getting to power those 2? I just upgraded to Corsair's HX1050 and gave my old HX850 to a coworker so I have more headroom in future builds. Do you plan on getting something strong enough to power 3 cards?

wtf is lolcats?

Id settle for the EVGA supernova 1300g2, or the corsair ax1200i but both are plagued with problems just by reading the reviews on newegg.

I really wanted the evga supernova nex1500 because I really liked its looks, and color scheme, but the model was discontinued and not instock anywhere, at least for a responsible price.

EVGA has the 1500 replacement coming out this month yet, but Jacob said on their forums they are pushed back about 2 months now, which is putting evga's date someplace in the same range as corsairs release date of the 2nd quarter 2014.

But maybe now that newegg is out of stock on the evga supernova 1300g2 maybe the new ones wont be bad units, but evga claimed units bought after oct 1st or something should be fine, but yet newegg was selling old stock of the unit with serial numbers still being effected in the recalls. But evga is at least taking care of this issue, while corsair is pretty much saying FU to tons of users on newegg bitching and not getting their units fixed.. Its pretty pathetic on corsairs part.

Archived