imnew59585 Posted August 24, 2013 Report Posted August 24, 2013 I've been having mad middle box flex. so I added this middle brace with 2 screws on front and back and 7 going down the top so would it work? Im guessing its a yes. but I want your comment on it
zack_e89 Posted August 24, 2013 Report Posted August 24, 2013 Not a box expert by any means, but I think any bracing helps especially if you're having some flex as you mentioned. Hopefully some of the box gurus can help more. I checked out your build log for reference and idk why but the pictures weren't loading for me...sad, I love jeeps haha 97 Suburban 8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's
graham0599 Posted August 24, 2013 Report Posted August 24, 2013 It should help a little bit. Personally i'd run some of all thread through the box My 350z build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174424-2008-350z-build/page-2?hl=%2B350z+%2Bbuild#entry2605678
imnew59585 Posted August 24, 2013 Author Report Posted August 24, 2013 hmmm that's odd can you see this photo?
Krakin Posted August 24, 2013 Report Posted August 24, 2013 Threaded rod through the box would be largely effective in helping box flex. As you can use a washer/nut combination on the inside and outside of the box on box walls. Having those would actually put resistance on the push outwards by the pressure. Having that piece of wood there -from what I see- it being only on the inside of the box will only reinforce it when the negative pressure pulls the wall back in, but has nothing to help it from being pushed out. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
imnew59585 Posted August 24, 2013 Author Report Posted August 24, 2013 where would I run the rod tho. I will post a couple pics
Krakin Posted August 24, 2013 Report Posted August 24, 2013 While you those wooden bracing will do well for negative pressure (flex in). They will do poorly for positive pressure (flex out). For the flex in you have all the strength of the wood working for you. You only have the strength of the screws and other small materials working on the outward flex. The reason I suggest threaded rods is because you brace for both of those forces by putting a washer/nut combination on either side of the wall as pictured. *I don't know why I made the top sheet so small, just don't want to redo that. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.