I already own the 8's though. I'm also considering a Crescendo C1100.4 plus a separate 2-channel for the tweets. I need to quit changing my mind so much

didnt realize you already had the 8's. and changing my mind to often is why I have a pile of equipment at the house.

I have the exact same problem lol. I have a pile of crap I'm not using

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

• 1 month later...

Well I recently picked up a crescendo 2k and swapped out both Hifonics amps for the crescendo just to test it. I'm looking at going to a single 3k-3.5k amp, probably crescendo. But currently I'm leaving the 2k in there. I did put it at .25ohm just to try it, pretty close to having the 1600's in there. Amp did protect though once I pushed the volume too much. I'm putting it at 1ohm for now though and I'm gonna sell the 1600's

I like the swap. I'd take a Crescendo over a Hifonics any day. Not that I think Hifonics is or bad. Just think the name is lame and the names if the amps is lame. I have thought the names were lame since 91 so its not a new hate. any pics of the installed crescendo

• 1 year later...

Ok guys so I'm going to be putting some time back into this build finally. Before I changed my mind too much, lack of funds, no time, just life came. Now though I'm putting time back into it. I have done a few things in the meantime

1. switched out the "RCA's", it was a good idea but they were crappy build and had problems

2. Built an amp rack for the 2k

3. installed a cheap 2-channel to run some 6x9's I have on a switch, mainly for when i park somewhere and want to play music

Goals:

1. One of my tweets broke so I called crescendo the other day to figure something out

2. Get a 3.5k amp or something close to that power, just waiting on a good deal

3. Replace all RCA's so they match

4. Just over-all wire tidying

5. upload pics

• 2 months later...

Well I'm bringing this build back.

1. I got my RCA's switched to a Monster RCA, it was used and possibly damaged, but have some alt whine now, going to probably throw out that RCA and replace with something better. Suggestions?

2. Amp rack is built for the 2k, Probably going to extend the legs on it so I can mount the 2-channel upside on the bottom of the rack. Right now it's just kinda wedged in there and padded, pretty ghetto i know.

3. Received my 5m RGB LED strip kit. Going to be installed in the floorboards, trunk, and where ever else i decide.

4. Waiting on 5m 5630 of pure white LED strips. Going to wired in trunk, floor board, and where ever else, wired in with doors, trunk so they automatically turn on when opened. I've needed more light when getting in at night.

5. Fixed my tweet. I had called Crescendo late one night and they called back promptly the next morning. Offered to replace the tweet for super cheap, good service. I ended up soldering and fixing it, so I didn't end up needed the replacement. Shoutout to Crescendo though.

Needs:

1. small gauge wire for the leds

2. pick up my iron and solder

3. New RCA's, need suggestions.

4. Still wanting to upgrade to 3.5k, waiting on a good deal, hopefully trade plus cash

Amp rack should be done today

I'm really excited to get going on this again. I've missed having projects. Unfortunately money has been the biggest issue. Being in college isn't cheap. Someone feel free to start a college/audio fund for me :lol: . Should be making some progress now though.

Archived