nu_image Posted August 27, 2013 Report Posted August 27, 2013 I am putting 4 12's i picked in my 90 crx. Is it best to run subs up port back in this car? Or what are some suggestions?
xPhobiazombie Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 I Am following this, I personally would put port towards back and subs up.
n8ball2013 Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 Subs up port back is a traditional crx box. A re you chasing numbers or just playing music etc THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
nu_image Posted August 29, 2013 Author Report Posted August 29, 2013 looking to get some good numbers mainly
nu_image Posted August 29, 2013 Author Report Posted August 29, 2013 looking at about 8 cubic ft total. tuned to about 38htz. does 2)6" areo ports, 9" long each sound about right to anyone interested in helping out a little
White Lightning Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 CRX's love smaller boxes with BIG ports ... and ALOT of amplifier power average tuning reference of around 65 htz ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
White Lightning Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 looking at about 8 cubic ft total. tuned to about 38htz. does 2)6" areo ports, 9" long each sound about right to anyone interested in helping out a littleI got your PM ... I do not design or build enclosures ... I can only tell you what I see the guys with CRXs doing in the SPL competition scene ... Most I've seen with big enclosures or walls is 154 db at 40s to 50s htz ... but the way I said in the other post is people burping in the low 160s ... it would be best to know what your use will be ... everyday bass music ??? or SPL competition ??? Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
TaylorFade Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 8 cubes? You own a CRX, right? Have you measured out and visualized what 8 cubes is going to look like back there?
nu_image Posted August 30, 2013 Author Report Posted August 30, 2013 Thanks for the reply's guys, again I am asking for suggestions. I know 8^ is huge, thats why I was asking. That is what the subs recommend.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.