N9neMillahhh Posted August 27, 2013 Report Posted August 27, 2013 I'm getting a sundown Zv4 10 for lows, and i know it's gonna slaughter the lows, and my speakers wont be able to handle the mid/high bass that i'm sacrificing, so im lookin at a pair of 8s that can play the mid to higher bass ranges, probably about 50-60Hz up to 100 or so Hz, since my cabin speakers can't play those loud enough, so i need midbass. Bass like in "Bang Out" by Tech N9ne, higher bass and mid bass a little lower, up to where my speakers can kinda take it from where the subs leave off, so any suggestions would help, a couple 8s that are good in mid-high bass. Thanks in advance! 02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW) Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4 Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz Sub Amps: SAZ3k Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC.... Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX
Kevin M Posted August 27, 2013 Report Posted August 27, 2013 What speakers do you have for your frontstage? A pair of good 6.5 components should be able to keep up with a single 10" We could recommend an 8" midbass but I would let them play from 60-250hz. Where do you want to place them? Budget, depth, power available? 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Joe X Posted August 27, 2013 Report Posted August 27, 2013 Setup in sealed many if not most 8" will do a good job in the midbass region. Something from DD are a likely candidates. I wouldn't buy anything before playing with the 10" first though.
N9neMillahhh Posted August 27, 2013 Author Report Posted August 27, 2013 Well my front stage is a set of AQ components with AQ pro 6.5s instead of the ones that came with the component set. And my doors have a speaker compartment but it's just a plastic "shield that covers the top of the speaker to protect from water, otherwise there is no enclosure. The speaker is playing into my door, not the panel though. So I got some baffles to try and help and they don't really do anything...so I need a mid bass solution. That 60-250Hz sounds good to me, and I'm currently running an MB Quart 2-chan to a pair of Rockford power 3-way 6x9s in the back in some 6x9 boxes and you know my fronts. Each speaker is getting about 100 watts rated, but I know they probably aren't really getting that. 02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW) Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4 Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz Sub Amps: SAZ3k Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC.... Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX
N9neMillahhh Posted August 27, 2013 Author Report Posted August 27, 2013 Budget, I don't wanna spend a whole lot cause I'm getting a 4-channel soon, and the 4-chan will send 60w to each speaker, and I'll probably run the new speakers off the same channels as my components. So 60w to the pair of the mid bass speakers. I'd say 100 max for budget. Depth not sure. Maybe like 6"? 02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW) Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4 Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz Sub Amps: SAZ3k Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC.... Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX
RooTxBeeR Posted August 27, 2013 Report Posted August 27, 2013 DD6.5? On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
N9neMillahhh Posted August 27, 2013 Author Report Posted August 27, 2013 Also the 10 is meant for lows, so I wont be playin it high at all, like 20-50Hz. And location, not sure. Rear deck in a box between my 6x9 boxes? Or build one big long box for the 6x9s and the mid bass speakers I decide on. Not sure where yet. Trunk wouldn't be a good place would it? Lol 02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW) Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4 Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz Sub Amps: SAZ3k Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC.... Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX
N9neMillahhh Posted August 27, 2013 Author Report Posted August 27, 2013 Which DD? The SW or the W? Nevermind looked it up...I hope they mean 170 for a pair of em...even then that's pushin my wallet. 02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW) Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4 Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz Sub Amps: SAZ3k Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC.... Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX
RooTxBeeR Posted August 27, 2013 Report Posted August 27, 2013 I really don't know if that is for a pair, but dd isn't cheap On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
N9neMillahhh Posted August 27, 2013 Author Report Posted August 27, 2013 That's fo sho... 02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW) Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4 Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz Sub Amps: SAZ3k Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC.... Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.