Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Extended cab box design


Recommended Posts

Posted

I want to start designing my box for my f150

Subwoofer is Eclipse Ti pro 18, have no clue how much space these subs like and port area they like.

will be ran on a crescendo 5500.

one of my big questions was port placement, I have built 4 12s in an ranger and we put port on top firing at roof and port on side firing off doors, but on a single sub setup I can put the port firing forward. What results have you guys had on port placement and can recommend where I should put the port for best setup in my ex cab.

Good lord sweet baby Jesus. Did you read the thread at all?

Bagged 1993 nissan hardbody

Posted

Why only port forward?

Sub up port up was always the loudest nonwalled in my Chevy but sub forward port up was my most favorite setup.

If I remember the TI pros were the 4hp motors, unlike the 3hp motors on the TIs and were about 3,000 rms...

I'd suggest 4.5^3 with about 14^2 port tuned to 35Hz. I've only played with the 15" and that was a long time ago and didn't even belong to me. Supposed to be spl subs but the 15" did ok on music.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

yeah, I was thinking of going sub up port up. now what was the difference in sub front port up, and sub up port up?

yeah the ti pros are 4hp's with quad coils. now I talked to a shop that used to have 6 ti pros walled in a civic. and he said they played well of 5-6k on the 18's. but I wanted to check here too see if anyone else h

Good lord sweet baby Jesus. Did you read the thread at all?

Bagged 1993 nissan hardbody

Posted

Why not 6 cu. ft., sub up, port to the drivers side.

2003 GMC Sierra Ext cab

Alpine ine-z928hd

2 dc 9k's

2 Ct Sounds 125.4's

4 dc lvl6 m3 18's

4 Ct Meso 6.5 mids, 6 Digital designs tweeters, Cerwin Vega PA 6.5" mids and tweeters.

Xs D3400 under hood

9 Deka group 31 batts in rear

8 runs of zero gauge

Quad alts

Posted

Be careful with that much power on a single sub....they're beast but they wont like it daily. Not with stock soft parts

I liked sub forward/port up in my truck, tried almost every possible configuration

Team Flex Issues

Posted

sub forward or up and port to the side

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Posted

They liked smaller enclosures and you're already going to be pushing them to the limits, if you were giving them around 3,000 I'd probably say 5^3s but hell, 4-4.5^3 should do good.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 428 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...