Sundown Audio

Best budget amp?

frenziedcage

soundqubed is a good budget amp it will due rated, if you have the electrical it will do a little more.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

now see i know db drive makes some quality stuff in the A7 okur line iirc that a few ppl have repped for, but theres soo many series, a3,a4,a5,a7 idk where it becomes junk amps at..

well thats the same way i feel about kicker...lol but that stuff is a little out of my range. if he quantum doesnt do rated or more, im returning it and saving for the SAZ3500dv2

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around

Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4

Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz

Sub Amps: SAZ3k

Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk

About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC....

Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX

oh and amps only do rated power if they have the electrical to support it....i currently have a BRX2000 and i had a BRZ2400 before but since my alternator is going to shit i only get about 3/4 the available wattage. but with my BRZ2400 i was pushin a clean 2500 @ 1 ohm, with a healthy electrical. so hifonics is a good brand, but i'd look into the Quantum ones too. The Quantum 12s i had were 750w rms and i had them in like a 4 cu ft box, way too big for them, and had the 2500w going to the pair, so they definitely sould've blown but they took the power and abuse all day. so i'm sure their amps would be the same way but i'm not sure, im gonna try their 4k and see how it does!

Quantum amps are trash. I bought that 4k last year and laughed so hard at it...

It was fused.... dual 70's... 140 amps to push 4k?

My best budget amps have always been Hifonics. The BXi is a VERY good line, little more in the price, but have never let me down.

They are power hungry amps... dont forget it.

Im actually looking for a new amp myslef. So if anyone wants a used Hifonics Colossus XXII (3200 @ 2 ohm / 1600 @ 1ohm x2)

Only asking ~300 for it. It is used and little beat up (scratches, knob broke ages ago)

Gonna try out some different brands and see what I like best. Ive always used Hifonics or Rockford amps, but I need way more power now... Running dual DD9515H's, fully loaded with Kevlar cones, Cf caps, 8 stacked spiders.... Still shopping for something that wont kill my wallet :(

Soundqubed is a great budget product no matter what it is

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

oh and amps only do rated power if they have the electrical to support it....i currently have a BRX2000 and i had a BRZ2400 before but since my alternator is going to shit i only get about 3/4 the available wattage. but with my BRZ2400 i was pushin a clean 2500 @ 1 ohm, with a healthy electrical. so hifonics is a good brand, but i'd look into the Quantum ones too. The Quantum 12s i had were 750w rms and i had them in like a 4 cu ft box, way too big for them, and had the 2500w going to the pair, so they definitely sould've blown but they took the power and abuse all day. so i'm sure their amps would be the same way but i'm not sure, im gonna try their 4k and see how it does!

Quantum amps are trash. I bought that 4k last year and laughed so hard at it...

It was fused.... dual 70's... 140 amps to push 4k?

My best budget amps have always been Hifonics. The BXi is a VERY good line, little more in the price, but have never let me down.

They are power hungry amps... dont forget it.

Im actually looking for a new amp myslef. So if anyone wants a used Hifonics Colossus XXII (3200 @ 2 ohm / 1600 @ 1ohm x2)

Only asking ~300 for it. It is used and little beat up (scratches, knob broke ages ago)

Gonna try out some different brands and see what I like best. Ive always used Hifonics or Rockford amps, but I need way more power now... Running dual DD9515H's, fully loaded with Kevlar cones, Cf caps, 8 stacked spiders.... Still shopping for something that wont kill my wallet :(

i wish you the best of luck with that one...lol but be careful, you're not "allowed" to sell anything on here till you have like 150 posts or something like that.

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Soundqubed products are awesome. They work just as well as products that cost twice as much.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I have an Audio Technix AT1200.1D, I love the thing. Quality amp, and puts out well over rated.. It's rated for 1200w rms @ 12.8v though. So it should. It's the same as the CT-Sounds AT1400.1D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technix-1200-1-amp-amplifier-1200w-RMS-2400w-MAX-Class-D-1-ohm-stable-/121106776171?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item1c3286c06b

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

http://www.dbonlinestore.com/betaamps.html

^^^just stumbled upon this cause i used to have some Quantum Audio 12s, saw they had some amps and looked into them, they are all on a fairly good budget, and they have a 4kw amp for $360...wuuuuut? i think i might get it just to see if its true....

I don't know anything about those amps but they are class A/B designed, so even if they do rated power they are not as efficient as class D amplifiers. Which means in layman's terms that you'll need a lot more electrical for the same output with a class A or A/B than you will with a class D.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

thats what i was thinking too. and the fusing of it...

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Archived