Sonic Electronix

Deployed guy needs Amp advice

Hey all. My name is Jason and I am a currently deployed soldier originally from Modesto, CA.

While out here, I've been piecing together a system for my car and have chosen this amp:http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_44471_MB-Quart-ONX1.2000D.html

I will be powering this amp with a mechman 270 and a decent battery(havent picked one yet) to push my 2 RE audio SX 12d2's. Does anyone have any experience with this amp and know if it will be up to the task? Thanks!

We don't do it for the glory.

That amp does 1300@2

So 650 a piece

And thoes subs are rated at 1000

So you'll have a good safety factor there and I personal wouldn't run thoes daily at 1k

The onyx range isn't a bad range and at that price there its pretty dam good

Just make sure you keep the elec up to it

As its a hungry amp

But at 2ohm final you should right

You should get a larger amp otherwise you will probably regret it in the end. If its rated at 1300 at 2 ohms and both your subs are 1k then you need at least a 2k amp at 2 ohms. I also read one of the reviews on that amp and someone said that it doesn't do the full 2000 w at 1 ohms so it probably wouldn't do the full 1300 w.

2005 chevy tahoe

heated seats

dvd player

sunroof

2 kicker 15 in solobarics

1 zx1500.1 amplifier

sirius xm radio with bose system

If you're deployed, you're making pretty good money right now. I wouldn't buy anything yet, rather just keep putting money into an audio fund until your tour is over. You can do much better than that Onyx amp. I'd also consider selling those subs and upgrading.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived