DylanBunch Posted August 28, 2013 Report Posted August 28, 2013 What does this mean in 4th orders? I know with ported boxes its the unloading point but with sealed boxes, to my knowledge I don't think they unload or maybe I'm wrong 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
SnowDrifter Posted August 28, 2013 Report Posted August 28, 2013 It's where your output is down 3db. AKA your playable range ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Krakin Posted August 28, 2013 Report Posted August 28, 2013 Such as with these, the f3s (purple line) of the 18" (Light Blue) are 22hz and 69hz. The Subs go from: 18" (Light Blue) I had to add another 2nd order crossover on the 18" at 50hz to try and level it out. 15" (Orange) 12" (Dark Blue) Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
DylanBunch Posted August 28, 2013 Author Report Posted August 28, 2013 So its not a number to be careful playing under or an unloaded point? Do you need ssf in these boxes 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Krakin Posted August 28, 2013 Report Posted August 28, 2013 Not sure how much a ssf will effect it. I haven't had the chance to mess with these myself, all I've been able to do is learn all I can through the internet. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Krakin Posted August 28, 2013 Report Posted August 28, 2013 As for unloading ,I would rather someone that knows more than me either correct or confirm this, I think that if you have the sub in the sealed portion of the enclosure than you wouldn't have unloading like in a ported enclosure. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
SnowDrifter Posted August 28, 2013 Report Posted August 28, 2013 Shouldn't need a ssf if your sealed side is the proper size for the power you are running ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
DylanBunch Posted August 28, 2013 Author Report Posted August 28, 2013 Gotcha, thanks guys 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
OBI Posted August 28, 2013 Report Posted August 28, 2013 As for unloading ,I would rather someone that knows more than me either correct or confirm this, I think that if you have the sub in the sealed portion of the enclosure than you wouldn't have unloading like in a ported enclosure. You can easily still unload a sub in a sealed box. Example but a 15 in a 10cf sealed box on RMS or more and see what happens.
Krakin Posted August 28, 2013 Report Posted August 28, 2013 As for unloading ,I would rather someone that knows more than me either correct or confirm this, I think that if you have the sub in the sealed portion of the enclosure than you wouldn't have unloading like in a ported enclosure. You can easily still unload a sub in a sealed box. Example but a 15 in a 10cf sealed box on RMS or more and see what happens. Just for my understanding I thought that would be bottoming out? Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.