Sundown Audio

amp in protect and wont come out

SlayerHawk

have 2 PG octane 8.0:4, 600rms..had one, just bought the second..gotem hook all up they worked..got gains set on one amp..unpluged and went to next amp..well..that amp wasnt working(getn a volt signal)..so i unhooked and went back to the first amp and it didnt work..im like wtf..after a min the second amp worked but the first one is in protect mode and wont come out..manual says somthing wrong at speaker terminal or too low of independence..amp is unhooked with just power..and still have red light..

im guessing i crossed the speaker wires..but why would it kill the amp.?.all the lights and everything come on fine

That's weird man I was hoping it was something touching up against something. Check for small pieces of wire you would be surprised at what I found in one amp once I vaccumed tiny speaker wire and that's what was causing my amp to burn fuses it was a kicker amp . Anyway hope you find the problem bro

jusrt found a transistor that was fried that i over looked..guna try to repair..my sodering skills suc..so im just tie the new one into the old one without taken the blown one out..if possible.

can you upload some pictures?

sometimes when one component goes out, it takes others out with it. not saying that's necessarily whats happened with your amp, but its a possibility that shouldn't be overlooked IMO.

photobucket, tinypic, imageshack

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

Archived