Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

RE Audio Subwoofers


truthsayer

Recommended Posts

Posted

well I may give them a try since the price is more than reasonable. Plus sonic electronics confirmed that all the 2013 line up is made in the USA. Just was really hoping someone had tried their new subs before I make the leap.

truthsayer

Posted

oops. sorry tried to duplicate again.

truthsayer

Posted

duplicate again. why wont they delete dups

truthsayer

Posted

The RE SE pro looks very similar to the SE 10 I have that was made by the original owner. Not sure if the performance is the same but the SE 10 I have is the shit IMO

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

Just a quick question...how are doing research by asking RE. I remember when they were trying to advertise made in the USA when it was just one specific model. I doubt they're bringing anything back to the states and highly doubt they're actually putting them together here.

And just because Scott "was" with RE doesn't really mean anything. And when did FI become mainstream and RE not?!?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

5 post fail lol. why don't people hit the "delete" button on those?

I did just see the PRO models and they do look like the old stuff except for the ugly "pro" label on the cone. I loved my SXs back in the day so if they are the same again it would be worth getting. We have just never seen a company come back to quality instead of continuing the decline. so faith is limited. but if you do try them, let me know what you think. take quality pictures of the leads and glue joints.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

yea sorry about the duplicate posts. Not sure how that happened. Tried to delete but that wouldn't work. oh well. Anyway I agree its hard to trust some companys when they say that their made in the usa, but when sonic electronics says their 2013 line up is made in the usa at the cali plant. I tend to believe and hope they are made in the usa. Well they seem to have impressive specs and voice coils. And according to re this new line is far better than any previous. So please any more opinions and current owners would be appreciated. And the reason I say Fi mainstream is, so many around here run them. And as for RE , as you can tell by responses not than many running them. I have only found 1 person in the Wichita area, and he is running old re. But his is still going strong after what he says is 5 or 6 yrs.

truthsayer

Posted

The site says domestic and foreign parts. So what exactly is being made in the USA? A lot o companies say made in the USA when what they really mean is wd glued it here. There are some things like the motor which just cannot be done here because of resources. But I feel made in the USA has kind of become a marketing gimmick.

It has looked like for awhile they are going back to the old designs...but I don't know if that's actually true. Boss and soundstorm have recently been using high roll surrounds and trying to copy alpine type R surrounds to allow for more travel. They look like it has the science there but they don't. Not saying RE isdoing the Sam's thing, I'm just saying that skittles is right...its hard to place trust. There really hasn't been a company bounce back and innovate its way back to quality but I think that also has to do with the fact that everyone on this forum represents like 10% of their sales volume, lol. They still make massive amounts of money without anyone on this forum buying a single product.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

just some background info for the OP:

The designer of RE, Scott, got fed up with the company and left to make his own.

The company went overseas.

Their main sales rep got fed up with the company and left.

So very bad signs over the past few years. Hence the skepticism. But again, I'd be excited if they came back to being a quality brand.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

If they came back it would be good but then again...I could just keep going to Scott, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6054 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...