Sonic Electronix

i kno what he runs on his, hes called me before to inquire about amps and get jacobs number, i know what happened tomin though.

as far as small boxes TC recommends outrageously small boxes for them.

If I am going to spend 2k on a sub that is rated for 5krms, that bitch better not even think about getting warm off 4k. I dont car how good a subs is supposed to sound 2k for 1 sub is a rediculous sum of money. Im just saying, if you buy a sub for that much money i would expect to not be let down at all with it's perofrmance, and from what some people have said I dont think I would spend 2k on one of these subs, maybe 1k, but that is about it. to me it is right up there next to the completely useless focal components that go for 4k...there is no way they can sound THAT good.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

its not pointless i have learned a lot of things... if you dont like it you dont have to read it.?

Oh yea the cost of these subs dont out weigh the negs of getting these subs
dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

for 4k...there is no way they can sound THAT good.

Im thinking the same thing the human ear cant tell the difference between a 2k and a 500 buck sub because it cant be that big of a difference <_<

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

rofl they slaughter XXX's, the Ultra is the best sq woofer out period, 1-2 come close but the ultra is the ultimate sql woofer

lol...... look around for em get a deal

ummmm i would definatly hope they are the ultra is a SQ sub only and happens to get very loud

Not worth it, at 155db I really doubt there is much SQ difference between a BTL and a Ultra.....I'll take 4 BTLs over an Ultra any day....no woofer is worth $2000 except this....Posted Image

Designed by Richard Clark and David Navone, the subwoofer is claimed to be the largest ever made. It can produce sound pressure levels (SPL) above 180 dB which parallels output of 160+ ten inch woofers.

Thats 60" I cant remember how loud it got.....its in a bread truck....I'll find out what it runs on its ALOTTTTTT :excl:

edit: It takes 1,000,000w to run it!!!! heres the link http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-ga...-inch-subwoofer

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

quite possible but your missing the point of the ultra still, it can go in TINY enclosures for such a big sub and the normal person that would run one isnt even going for 155.... like me i only run 3k-3.5 to it and its amazing sq and brutal lows and you can still have some trunk room even left

15" LMS Ultra

AB VFL 200.1 3kw+ rms@ 1 ohm <-- 500.1 in near furture

3.5 cubes at 34 hertz

2 Exide Orbital's

200 Amp EA Alt

125 sq ft BXT

quite possible but your missing the point of the ultra still, it can go in TINY enclosures for such a big sub and the normal person that would run one isnt even going for 155.... like me i only run 3k-3.5 to it and its amazing sq and brutal lows and you can still have some trunk room even left

It's still not worth it.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Archived