HID Help - NEW PROBLEM

NEW PROBLEM!

So I got a call about 30 minutes ago from my friend and he said that his lights were flickering. I said this is normal with some HIDs, but he insisted I come over anyway. Needless to say these things were STROBING and very very dim. I switched which fuse I was using the fuse tap on and tried it again. Same thing. I put on the error eliminators and that seemed to fix the strobing and brighten them back up. But now the relay sounds like its clicking on and off very very rapidly and its is fairly warm....What now?

So I'm installing HIDs into my friends 2006 Volvo V70 and they click on for a second and then turn right back off. Not sure why. I do also have an error eliminator on the harness.

Any ideas?

2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 W/ 6 Speed

Build Log

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2

Build Log

YouTube

Might be a Bad ballast just got done doing a set on 2010 mustang worked for a week then only one of them worked properly then other would turn on right when you turn lights and within a second went off.

Or make a better ground.

These were ddm tunning did a lot of research and seems no matter what the brand is that is a common issue.

Might be a Bad ballast just got done doing a set on 2010 mustang worked for a week then only one of them did it.

Or make a better ground.

These were ddm tunning did a lot of research and seems no matter what the brand is that is a common issue.

Alright I'll take another look. Thanks.

Build Log

Build Log

YouTube

Try to apply 12v directly to the ballast and see if it works or still has a problem. If it works then you may have bad error bypass' or a bad relay harness (if you are using the relay harness, you really should).

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Try to apply 12v directly to the ballast and see if it works or still has a problem. If it works then you may have bad error bypass' or a bad relay harness (if you are using the relay harness, you really should).

I did and it worked. And I just ordered a relay harness. I have one in my Jeep, and should have ordered one for this in the first place. Oh well.

Build Log

Build Log

YouTube

Thats cool that both worked. Yeah it sounds like something with either the factory wires not supplying enough voltage or those bulb out error eliminators are bad. Just for the heck of it check the voltage of the lights on the volvo's stock harness. If it is anything less than the resting voltage of your battery then that will cause you problems. I know in my truck the DRL's run at less voltage than the lights would be at if I were to throw the switch on. I did a DRL bypass in my truck at my body control module and set the voltage up higher with a cap and used relay kits for every ballast.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

always get the relay harness I tell all my buddy's this, got one on my truck 2yrs no problem until friday one of my bulb went out but lucky me I had an extra bulb from my old cheap hid kit bulb still work but I got 2 more good bulbs on the way.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Archived