Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

help with a new box


1two3

Recommended Posts

Posted

LOL... I dunno about that one. Once you make a bold statement like that you gotta back it up or eat crow and as this thread has shown... I'm not infallible. :sigh:

lol whateves. just more of a reason to go bigger and louder!!

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

Posted

no problem buddy, thanks for trying tho. i learned a few new things in the process...and learning is good.

A t-line for that woofer will definitely be above the window... which is why I went with the dcbr. But if you're okay with above the window, then a t-line would be even better.

The one in my truck is ~9 cubes....

That SA-15 has an Fs of ~34 and your SSA is at ~31, so the line for your driver would need to be about 9' long where mine is 8' long. Although, you can cheat the length a bit and still get good performance.

Is it weird I still have dreams about that box?

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Posted

Is it weird I still have dreams about that box?

pretty sure its normal.....i think im about to have my first one in a lil bit

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

Posted

Is it weird I still have dreams about that box?

Not so long as I'm not in them... naked. :-)

I'll get video by the weekend of what's in there now. Same box but now it's a Zv3 inverted and wired to 0.5Ω on a BXi-1600. The Z is only getting a little over RMS but holee fawk... it hits and, the Fs is less than 1 Hz of the SA so I have a good idea of what two will do on real power.

Can't wait to get both of them in a solid mounted line on ~5-7KW.

For now and since I failed at the dcbr design this weekend (still feel like the shits for that one), I took out the factory console/seat and started measuring for the new console.

After two decades away from serious car audio builds, this one has me... :wackit:

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

Yup, gonna walk away from this one you kinky bastard, lol

The problem is that he didn't drink enough Keystone Light before he gave you the box design. Ship him a 30 rack and I guarantee he will have a proper design for you

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Posted

Yeah... ship me a 30 pack. I like that advice.

And a jug of that Canadian bourbon, while you're at it. :-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

Yup, gonna walk away from this one you kinky bastard, lol

The problem is that he didn't drink enough Keystone Light before he gave you the box design. Ship him a 30 rack and I guarantee he will have a proper design for you

Yeah... ship me a 30 pack. I like that advice.

And a jug of that Canadian bourbon, while you're at it. :-)

haha would u settle for nothing but the finest maple syrup?

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

Posted

Maple syrup? On second thought... I wish you'da built that damn box. :-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

Here is a suggestion:

z5w0.jpg

u4f3.jpg

Port parts:

Light red is: 16 5/8 x 14 1/2
Light yellow is: 7 x 14 1/2

inxm.jpg

Port Width is 3 7/8", bracing is a single 1 1/4" wooden dowel rod. Port clearance to rear gate is: 3 7/8" minimum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6425 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...