Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need help on screws to use?


soundstream15

Recommended Posts

Posted

For mounting subs what do you guys use? T-nuts? I was thinking about those but I know some of you don't, what kind of screws would be good to use, bc 3 screws in my one sub where sticking out and some were a little loose, idk if its bc the motor force or the screws I was using, they where 1" screws I believe

Posted

SPAX screws or deck screws from Lowe's or the Depot.

T-nuts suck, they spin when they want and generally, are little assholes.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

All comes down to wood type MDF, Plywood, Solid wood?

Posted

T-nuts are great if you take the time to do it right and get the stainless steel ones and not the cheap crap metal. I also glue mine in with rubberized CA. I have also used tapcons but if you snap a head off GL trying to get it out of hard plywood.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

  • Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

 
Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db
Posted

t-nuts FTW,i have never had a problem.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

Posted

t-nuts FTW,i have never had a problem.

Until you finally do have a problem with one, and then you'll REALLY know what FTW is all about :(

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I've used spax for years without a problem on some heavy sub with multiple take outs.

Posted

roofing screws

SCREWS%20026.jpg

I used t nuts on my old wall, they are a pain in the ass

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1055 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...