audiofanaticz Posted September 2, 2013 Report Posted September 2, 2013 Spax, number 12 if it fits your basket holes (most do). otherwise number 10. A number 8 screw is getting tiny in its diameter and strength (even if its spax brand). Typical a #10 screw is most commonly used for drywalling. As for drywall screws never breaking, not true. In my old 4 15 box, woofers firing up port back, and the weight of the woofers holding them down to the box plus the screws, I had no problems snapping screw heads off, and it seemed to happen a great bit, just because I didnt feel like buying screws. But then again it was a 155db truck, not some weak pioneers in a trunk powered by a 1200 watt sony amp, in that case drywall screws are overkill. LOL Heres a pic of spax screw, #12 on left, # 10 on right. Keep in mind #12 screw diameter is larger then a #10, and a #10 is larger then a #8.
soundstream15 Posted September 2, 2013 Author Report Posted September 2, 2013 I think I'll go with #10 You had 4 SAs? That's what I'm running so if you used #12 then I will use those, but otherwise I can do #10
SnowDrifter Posted September 2, 2013 Report Posted September 2, 2013 Here's what they are. Next to.. I'm not sure... A normal screw? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
soundstream15 Posted September 2, 2013 Author Report Posted September 2, 2013 Ahh I see now, that does look thick (that's what she said) I may go with the 10 or 12 tho..
SnowDrifter Posted September 2, 2013 Report Posted September 2, 2013 Ignore the giant bolt on the left lol. That is supposed to be cropped out ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
soundstream15 Posted September 2, 2013 Author Report Posted September 2, 2013 Didn't even see that till now lol Looks like that fucker could hold a house lol
SnowDrifter Posted September 2, 2013 Report Posted September 2, 2013 Hehehe that's what I use to bolt my shelves to the wall. In case of earthquake. Anyhoo... Ending that off topic.... Whatever screw you use, most of the time the screw head will be larger than the holes in the gasket. If you want to avoid chewing it up, lift up the gasket and put the screw in so you aren't fighting the holes ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
soundstream15 Posted September 2, 2013 Author Report Posted September 2, 2013 I thank you for the information bud! And one other thing, to mount a box to the trunk floor, L bracket?
SnowDrifter Posted September 2, 2013 Report Posted September 2, 2013 Yeah that's typically your best bet. Depending on the situation you can remove the subs and screw through the box into the floor ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
ham4864 Posted September 5, 2013 Report Posted September 5, 2013 until i have a problem i'm using t-nuts for my current box and sub. Its not like i take my sub out often. Take your time, Drill the right size hole and your golden. 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.