SMD Folding @ Home Team

Straight from stanfords website

V7: client-type advanced

Sets a client preference to request late stage beta work units if available.

This switch is not intended for machines where stability or usability are the primary concern (e.g. corporate or education environments). Its use may lead to the client running experimental projects, which may be less stable or much more complex. This setting is not recommended for a machine which is not constantly monitored. This setting may require more donor intervention. The availability of this class of WUs is based on the current projects that are running, so there is no guarantee the client will get these WUs. This setting has no affect on PPD. PPD for these WUs are benchmarked and set exactly the same as every other work unit. However, due to an occasional instability, the WU might fail, which results in lost points, so overall PPD might decrease.

Hmm. Well most ppl get a pretty big jump in ppd. And that card should be doing like 75-85k ppd I'd think. I'm doing 52k which is good for this card I'd say. Umm are u using a passcode? Gets ur bonus points.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

-X-RaTeD, what kind of numbers does that pair of 690s put out?

and if that 640 can do 60,000 ppd, I want it, because I cant even break 55,000 with my gtx780ti.... Or there is some mysterious settings that no one is being told about that you know ;)

A 780Ti should be doing about 160k+ PPD, we need to get that fix for you. When you click on the card, and check under the "Selected Work Unit" area on the right side, what PRCG number is shown when you're getting 55k PPD? I'm guessing 8900?

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Knocking on that persons door who is in rank #3....

Still no idea who iDreadnaught is, he is not a user on these forums, but found him on EVGA, Bionics, and a bmw site.

Must just be a forum browser that never signed up I guess, since he hasnt had not even completed a WU in over 50days, or ever for our team, but free points for us I guess. :D

iDreadnaught is me, it's the account that I folded under EVGA for and it's also my bimmerforums account. Unfortunately I folded 300k for Team SMD before deciding to make a separate account to simplify things, otherwise -X-RaTeD- would be at 1mil + right now :(

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Hmm. Well most ppl get a pretty big jump in ppd. And that card should be doing like 75-85k ppd I'd think. I'm doing 52k which is good for this card I'd say. Umm are u using a passcode? Gets ur bonus points.

i need a passcode

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

and if that 640 can do 60,000 ppd, I want it, because I cant even break 55,000 with my gtx780ti.... Or there is some mysterious settings that no one is being told about that you know ;)

A 780Ti should be doing about 160k+ PPD, we need to get that fix for you. When you click on the card, and check under the "Selected Work Unit" area on the right side, what PRCG number is shown when you're getting 55k PPD? I'm guessing 8900?

Still no idea who iDreadnaught is, he is not a user on these forums, but found him on EVGA, Bionics, and a bmw site.

Must just be a forum browser that never signed up I guess, since he hasnt had not even completed a WU in over 50days, or ever for our team, but free points for us I guess. :D

iDreadnaught is me, it's the account that I folded under EVGA for and it's also my bimmerforums account. Unfortunately I folded 300k for Team SMD before deciding to make a separate account to simplify things, otherwise -X-RaTeD- would be at 1mil + right now :(

Cheater, well at least I got half you passed with my gimp card. lol

yea its doing about the same ppd as my 650 was.

1149MHz core clock, 7000MHz of mem clock, and 2880 cuda cores of fail!

This card should be beast! at least for gaming it is...

I thought I had client-type advanced on, but it was for my old card and reinstalled F@H on this pc after getting the card because it wasnt seeming like an improvement, but I did end up using it last night again with no difference, also did max-unit-percentage 90 as well which downloads your next WU when your current WU reaches 90% so you can finish one and start the next.

And Im also using the same passcode on every machine Im running it on.

145703f@h.jpg

Cheater, well at least I got half you passed with my gimp card. lol

yea its doing about the same ppd as my 650 was.

1149MHz core clock, 7000MHz of mem clock, and 2880 cuda cores of fail!

This card should be beast! at least for gaming it is...

I thought I had client-type advanced on, but it was for my old card and reinstalled F@H on this pc after getting the card because it wasnt seeming like an improvement, but I did end up using it last night again with no difference, also did max-unit-percentage 90 as well which downloads your next WU when your current WU reaches 90% so you can finish one and start the next.

And Im also using the same passcode on every machine Im running it on.

The card is not OC'ed at all, only thing I done was bump the fan too 100% while folding so it stays a bit cooler, even tho its still running way faster then its "boost clock" of 1046MHz145703f@h.jpg

Try changing client type to beta instead of advanced for just that slot, since it's such a new card,

Configure->Slots tab->0 gpu->edit->add->Name: client type, Value: beta

Try that before it finishes your current WU and hopefully the next WU will be either 8900, 7010, or 7011. Project 8018 is not a project that gives the Quick Return Bonus, that's why the PPD is lower.

~Henry David Thoreau

i need a passcode

Yes definitely get a passkey

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-passkey/

~Henry David Thoreau

My next gpu workload is a 3076

So I posted on another forum to try to get answers tips or tricks to this issue.

and so far 1 guy replies implying that my overclocked card with a core clock of 26mhz faster then stock speeds is the issue (even tho it will still boost to 1124mhz when on stock settings and said boost clock is 1046).

I think I will be getting banned from their soon for being a cocky f*ck, turning off that huge oc and asking him that maybe its my 100% fan speed causing the lack of 130,000PPD.

:D

Archived