Second Skin Audio

CleanSierra's build log Fosgate Regular cab!!!

CleanSierra

So two things, I noticed an RCA looked damaged when changing the location where I was running then, so I electrical taped the spot and ran them down the center where my transmission hump is. I rewired both doors, both pillars, and changed my power and ground wire from Knu to Sky High.

My actual distribution block wire going IN has not changed, its still the same location and in 1/0 gauge OFC wire. The same applies to my input to my fused distro for my power, 1/0 in and UNCHANGED.

I'm getting alternator whine now, and I never had anything like this before. The spot where all the wires are bunched up and about to go into the amps, is this a possible culprit? You think that RCA is junk and I should start there? Is it possible my Clarion EQ is bad. I didn't have any system for a couple months, but I didn't have any power going to the EQ, MY HU was in Standby mode.

Oh, and the local guys know this already, I got the system playing and completely blew out a glue joint on the baffle. It messed up my pretty paint work and is a section about 14" long along the top of the box. Time to whip out the fiberglass mat and resin and start strengthening the inside of the enclosure. I'm high on infernal volume to, so perhaps a few braces front to back are in order.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

What sticks out to me is what you mentioned about the RCA being messed up, and then noise is introduced. That would be my prime suspect.

Sorry to hear about the blowout, damn.

I'm going to guess, swap RCAs.I think I'm gonna go back to Fosgate RCAS for the meantime rather than the KNU. Apparently Great Stuff expanding foam gets hot enough to melt the plastic jacket on wire.

It's ok about the blowout, that tells me that CLEARLY the thing is moving air. Fixing that is MUCH easier than diagnosing the Alt whine. I hope the RCA is the problem

Also, ,I forgot to mention something. I'll be building a little trim panel for on each side of the transmission hump UNDER the box. It will be a nice platform and will hide those wires on the drivers side.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

dam bro that sucks

2010 Mazda 3

*Rebuild Time*

Subs - (2) AA Mayhems 12's
Sub amp - (1) Populus Audio TPA 6500
Headunit - Pioneer App Radio 2

Batteries - XS Power (1) D3100 up front | 6 XP950 rear

Wire - Sky High 1/0 Gauge wires and RCA's and steve's VM1

Alternator - Singer 260 Externally Regulated

Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors)

Mids & high Amp : (2) Populus Audio 100.4

Processor: Rockford 3sixty.3

The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11

flakosignature1-1_zps0751010a.png

Oh and happy birthday good sir :)

Thank you. Missed you at the show. You missed some BIG number vehicles. I have a cool birthday story too, it's awesome.

I was sad I couldn't make it! Its always a good show when the Vegas crew comes down, the Burb has always been a favorite of mine. I might be heading up there in a few months so we can do my car up :)

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

wow i love your box looks a lot like mine but way nicer!

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s