Second Skin Audio

Box tuned to 34hz, peaks 38?

Shigshwa

The port will start releasing the load on the sub below (and above) tuning regardless of the response you have inside the car, you should bear in mind that in that program you have available an excursion plot to roughly find about that. Box layout can affect expected port loading if somehow sub and port do interact with each other, also you real tuning can be affected by a number of things the program can't factor in, port end clearances, etc.

Also the Torres calculator version you are using somewhat miscalculates slot port displacement, that version will usually show a larger net volume than there really is an as a consequence it shows a lower tuning than proper calculations would show, in my own testing that difference can be up to nearly 3 Hz in few cases.

i dont understand why some people will just try to chew up a fellow member when they ask questions about things they arnt really familiar with......wheres the damn love people?!

my boxes are usually tuned to 32hz to play on music but my truck peaks around 38. yes i can build a box to 38 an hit higher numbers, but i rather just be happy with good sounding bass to music

09 mustang gt

purplesyrup needs to lay off the purple syrup.

To answer the OP question - Tuning frequency/box peak frequecy is not always going to be the peak of the system in the car. The vehicle resonant frequency will more than likely have more effect on the highest SPL than the box peak.

The sub will unload based on the port tuning, not your peak SPL frequency.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived