Shigshwa Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 I built a box for my SP4 15 that has 4 cu ft, tuned to 34hz. When I use WinISD, it says the box peaks at 38 hz. When I meter in my car, I get the highest spl at around 40 hz. I know that this curve only applies outside of a cabin, but would this mean that the sub will start unloading at 38 rather than 34? What would cause this? Ignore the green line, mine is the blue line.
Katt Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 I believe around 38-40hz is what your resonant vehicle peak is, where it would be loudest. And if what i heard, was you can tune to 34, and play 3-5 hz below box tuning, and be okay. Unless im thinking of something else. I may be wrong on all this, if so i apologize. *06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500* *91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*
Kyblack76 Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 Lol. Jesus. ... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
purplesyrup Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 Box is fucking too small end of thread
baron_of_bass Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 Just because you tune your box to 34hz doesn't mean that's where it will peak. It will be loudest where your vehicle peaks. Team Bass-Hz
zack_e89 Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 4 cubic feet sp4 15 rofl I don't know anything about Fi subs... SP415 DUAL 1 | DUAL 2 Fs: 27.6 Hz | 27.9 Hz Re: 0.65 Ohms/coil | 1.27 Ohms/coil Qms: 6.56 | 6.45 Qes: .52 | .52 Qts: .48 | .48 Mms: 434g | 424g Cms: 0.77mm/N | 0.77mm/N Sd: 810cm^2 | 810cm^2 Vas: 70.4 l | 70.4 l Spl: 86.4dB 1W/1m | 86.5dB 1W/1m Bl: 13.7 N/A | 19.1 N/A Xmax: 33mm | 33mm Rms: 3000W | 3000W Sealed box: 2-3.5cuft | 2-3.5 cuft Ported box: 3-5cuft | 3-5cuft Sub OD: 15.625” | 15.625” Cut ID: 14.125” | 14.125” Mounting depth: 11.250” | 11.250” Displacement: 0.21cuft | 0.21cuft 97 Suburban 8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.