Hammah Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 I've been doing some research on 6.5 components and narrowed to it down to alpine type R and rockford fosgate "new model" punch series. I was gonna go with type R at first but heard that their using old panasonic parts. I was gonna go with Rockford but i heard they speakers distort at loud volume. I listen to my music loud so i want something that can handle wear and tear. Running this off of a rockford power 400.4. Any advice would be good.
Noel989 Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 Rockford Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Hammah Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 @noelito thanks for the quik reply why though? You running rockford?
Miguels Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 OP you also need to know what you want out of your system.. hertz mlk, fockford t5, blues car audio my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Trent Streichert Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 I would go with rockford. I use there T2 components and punch pro tweeters and the power 6.5 in custom door panels and I have had great compliments with my highs being very loud and clean. Head Unit: Kenwood excelon KDC-X797 Subs: 2 Fi sp4's with PSI recones dual 1.4's in a wall. Sub amp: 2 DC 3.5k's strapped at .7 Mids: 2 punch pro 10's 6 punch pro 8's Tweeters: 4 Fosgate Neo's (pp4-nt) Mids amp: Fosgate T1000-4ad Tweeter amp: punch 400-2 Wall: 9 cubes tuned to 31.5 triple layer birch al the way around plus 2x4's Alt: mechman 240 Wire: all sky high OFC 2/0, 4, 12 Batteries: 1 XS d3400 under the hood and 5 kinetic 2400's with toolmaker buss bars in the trunk Extras: epic lighting LEDs sound deader for days, fiberglassed pods 150+ sealed
Hammah Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 @miguel I want something clear and loud at a reasonable price. I wanna run components in all 4 doors in my 2007 nissan armada. And ill be running a rockford t1500 amp to my 2 12 inch T1s "new model" I'm not trying to win a sound off or anything like that just want something that sounds good. Between the 2 that I picked which one would you go for?
deathcards Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 I've been doing some research on 6.5 components and narrowed to it down to alpine type R and rockford fosgate "new model" punch series. I was gonna go with type R at first but heard that their using old panasonic parts. I was gonna go with Rockford but i heard they speakers distort at loud volume. I listen to my music loud so i want something that can handle wear and tear. Running this off of a rockford power 400.4. Any advice would be good. with clean power neither will distort at loud volume skar sk2500.1 0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz alpine HUvxi65 components on BA gt-275new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821 2 x-15 sundowns singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps
Hammah Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 @trent thanks man yeah really wanted the T series components but out of my budget. I'm leaning towards rockford a but just wanted to know if I'm really going for the right one. One of my buddy got type R mids n highs and sounds pretty sweet. Can't really find any good reviews or vids on the new serie rockfords.
Hammah Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 @deathcards thanks a lot that makes my decision a whole lot easier
Skullz Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 Best budget 6.5's for the price. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12260_JBL-P660C.html Clean, clear and will get loud with a lot of power that will not fatigue you over long periods of time listening to them. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.