IN-DASH SCREENS

I like the Kenwood Excelon KVT-817 and the Pioneer AVH-p7600. I heard some people talking the other day about the e-brake function. I know u dont have to have it hooked up to use the screen on the Kenwood, but what about the Pioneer? I dont plan on playing the screen while driving but I dont want to have to hit the e-brake everytime I wanna play something on it either.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

I'm not sure with that pioneer model, but the N1, N2, N3 models, you gotta do some modding, not sure what though..check around google to see what's easier to mod to bypass the e-brake..I have a kenwood 617 and mine worked out easily, no modifications or anything required ^_^

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

I'm not sure with that pioneer model, but the N1, N2, N3 models, you gotta do some modding, not sure what though..check around google to see what's easier to mod to bypass the e-brake..I have a kenwood 617 and mine worked out easily, no modifications or anything required ^_^

steve runs an AVIC, he should know about the bypass on it, and Ray has installed some im sure

I already have the Excelon kvt-817 for my car and I know it bypasses with no mods....I think that P7600 bypasses with no mods too. I was gonna put the same kinda kenwood in my truck as whats in my car but I kinda like that Pioneer so I might get the pioneer when I get ready to do my truck. I cught a sell on ebay a while back and got the Kenwood for $950 shipped and I just saw that Pioneer on ebay a few days ago for $1075 shipped which aint bad but I think I can get it for under a G if I wait.(no refurbished stuff here, always new)

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

I am pretty sure these are correct. These are the bypasses for Pioneer.

Pioneer Avic N-1. You have to solder two points together on the bottom side of the head unit underneath the void sticker,  and ground the ebrake wire somewhere other than the ebrake.

Pioneer Avic N-2. You have to ground the ebrake wire somewhere other than the ebrake and I think the bypass involves using two wiring harnesses and some splicing and cutting to do it. Not sure.

Pioneer Avic N-3. You have to ground the ebrake wire somewhere other than the ebrake and peel off the void sticker on the bottom of the unit and flip the switch under there.

Pioneer Avic Z-1. Ground out the ebrake wire somewhere else and when turning the unit on and the startup script appears on the screen of the Z-1, flip your parking lights on and then off and it should enable you to use the functions while driving, or you could buy the little device from a car audio shop to install it permanently like I did.

Not sure on the other Pioneer sources. I found these out when I was looking into buying a Pioneer. I decided to get the Z-1.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

the z-1's releasd after sept 1st have a switch on the bottom.

before that there are pins you can light up instead of  the "light" trick

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz