LAB Customs Posted September 11, 2013 Report Posted September 11, 2013 Going with sundown. Should I run two zv4 12's or three x-12's? I always tune low for the most part. I do compete, and the subs are going in an extended cab truck that likes the lows. I'm running three 2013 American bass hd 12's now an metered a 150.74dB at 26hz. I wanna get louder but stay low. Probably tuning box at 30 and slot ported. My amp is a nendo bc5500. Ideas? Thoughts! Help! I've heard the two are very similar and main differences are zv4 has taller basket for more throw and better spiders..and the coil. But a big price difference! I've also heard x's play lows with more authority...thanks. Just wondering what would be louder at low frequencies... 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4sa 8's v2 on an AB Vfl 500.1 Check out my build log! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168123-2007-tacoma-4-sa-8-v2s-about-to-start-building-box/
OrzechNJ Posted September 11, 2013 Report Posted September 11, 2013 151 at 26hz? inside the box ? lol sometimes Loud is NOT pretty Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.
RooTxBeeR Posted September 11, 2013 Report Posted September 11, 2013 I think I would say the X series. In4l on vs On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
LAB Customs Posted September 11, 2013 Author Report Posted September 11, 2013 151 at 26hz? inside the box ? lol Hahahaa noe. At the dash. It's in my extended cab tacoma and under the window line (: 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4sa 8's v2 on an AB Vfl 500.1 Check out my build log! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168123-2007-tacoma-4-sa-8-v2s-about-to-start-building-box/
RooTxBeeR Posted September 11, 2013 Report Posted September 11, 2013 151 at 26hz? inside the box ? lol you act like that's impossible. I seen a 150.1 @ 26hz by 4 15s sealed. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
FosgateLife Posted September 11, 2013 Report Posted September 11, 2013 I mean... His truck peaks at 29 lol. And the box is tuned to 26 And it's still VERY musical 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/
LAB Customs Posted September 11, 2013 Author Report Posted September 11, 2013 And I could get 3 X's for cheaper than two zv4's lol...but if the zv4's are worth that extra money then maybe..but I don't think they are that much better?? Opinions? 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4sa 8's v2 on an AB Vfl 500.1 Check out my build log! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168123-2007-tacoma-4-sa-8-v2s-about-to-start-building-box/
standardcabspl Posted September 11, 2013 Report Posted September 11, 2013 In this situation I would say cone is king Good lord sweet baby Jesus. Did you read the thread at all? Bagged 1993 nissan hardbody
95 south Posted September 11, 2013 Report Posted September 11, 2013 I just ordered 4 X series 12's. I get them dropped in I will let you know for sure. No System......GFY
LAB Customs Posted September 11, 2013 Author Report Posted September 11, 2013 Sounds good. I'm thinking 3 X's...zv4's can't be that much better and I don't think they are worth the price 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4sa 8's v2 on an AB Vfl 500.1 Check out my build log! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168123-2007-tacoma-4-sa-8-v2s-about-to-start-building-box/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.