Help me decide the system for my 2013 Cadillac SRX.I will go with what you guys pick!

excelon72

What system should i choose?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What system should i choose?

• JL Audio 100%
    • Audison 100%
    • Mixed (alpine heavy)
    • Mixed(Bitone replacing alpine PXA
    • Your advice

Well since you are wanting an SQ system I would suggest going with something along the lines of option 4 but without the rear speakers (or another amp to run them) and run the front 6.5" component set active with time alignment for better imaging.

I would also seriously consider spending a bit more on a sub like the Morel Ultimo SC 104 and if you do drop the rear speakers you'll probably spend about the same amount total.

Trust me on the time alignment for your front stage, it makes a very noticeable difference unless you mount the tweeters right next to the mid-bass then it will be more subtle.

'99 Chevy Blazer 4 door 4x4

HU: Pioneer, DEH-80PRS

Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Legatia L3v2 and Dayton Audio Reference 7" mid-bass

Sub Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Clarus C12SW-D2 in a 30hz quarterwave transmission line (plays down to 17hz!)

Amplifier: Addictive Audio 7.4+35.1

Processor: Zapco DSP-Z8

Like bit one

Jl amp

Hertz rsn active

Jl woofer

this, my sq oriented set up is

jbl processor

hertz components ran active

tc sounds sub

jl 4 channel

ct sounds mono

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

I'm more of a Audio Control Guy myself if I was to go with the stock headunit ...

... And I would be more Linear Power amplifiers and Blues Car Audio drivers if it was mine ...

... And run your sub(s) infinite baffle ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Well since you are wanting an SQ system I would suggest going with something along the lines of option 4 but without the rear speakers (or another amp to run them) and run the front 6.5" component set active with time alignment for better imaging.

I would also seriously consider spending a bit more on a sub like the Morel Ultimo SC 104 and if you do drop the rear speakers you'll probably spend about the same amount total.

Trust me on the time alignment for your front stage, it makes a very noticeable difference unless you mount the tweeters right next to the mid-bass then it will be more subtle.

I figured out a way to get a JL 12w6v3 in there and it is an amazing sub, i have heard other opinions in person and JL is still one of the best sub makers on the planet... as far as rear speakers i frequently have rear passengers so i am not ditching the rear speakers unfortunately. And for once i will not be doing anything for tweeking, i am paying someone to do it. lol

I'm more of a Audio Control Guy myself if I was to go with the stock headunit ...

... And I would be more Linear Power amplifiers and Blues Car Audio drivers if it was mine ...

Ive been a hardcore car audio guy for more than 20 years and have never heard or even read about blues car audio drivers, linear power doesnt have dealers and doesnt have the positive feedback audison does. I have a brand new in box Audio control DQXS but it is not meant for integration with the CUE system in the Cadillac.. so i guess im selling it with the DDC before they even got used. (bought it for the scion i am selling)

kinda hard to run an IB set up in a suv unless you wall it lol

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived