DC Sound Lab

I just got my 2nd level 3 15 and it dosent seem any louder? PLEASE HELP

@bbeljefe that could be let me describe it this way ive got 4 terminal connections on my box (2 for each sub) i have them wire like so + to + And - to - but they are not wired together i have 2 sets of wire for each sub ( one pos one neg) there both dual 2 ohms wouldnt that make it 1 ohm on each sub i have a pos and neg wire for both subs coming out of my box (2 wires per sub going to the amp) would that still be 1 ohm on each or would that be 0.5 or 2 ohms?

Can someone explain what that would be as far as load the amps seing?

@bbeljefe that could be let me describe it this way ive got 4 terminal connections on my box (2 for each sub) i have them wire like so + to + And - to - but they are not wired together i have 2 sets of wire for each sub ( one pos one neg) there both dual 2 ohms wouldnt that make it 1 ohm on each sub i have a pos and neg wire for both subs coming out of my box (2 wires per sub going to the amp) would that still be 1 ohm on each or would that be 0.5 or 2 ohms?

Depends on how you have the coils on the sub wired. Pull them out of the enclosure, get pics, post them.

I agree with the last guy. I think you have the new sub in parallel, the old sub in series. Then out of the box and hitting the amp.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

There's no way for me to say unless you can tell me how the coils are wired at the subs. What you have on the outside of the box is a parallel connection and that's fine. It's what's inside the box that we have to discover before we can find the problem.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Could it be equally as loud as 1 on 1000-1100 rms the 2 on 500-600?

yes

To get more output you have to increase cone area or power, well you doubled your cone area but if your power is half of what it was then output should be about the same

There are alot of variables that go into that, but yes it is possible. If you want full output from the subs, you need to properly power them. If you went from 1 sub wired at 1 ohm(1200w theoretically) to 2 subs wired a 2 ohm( maybe 300w per sub) You probably arent going to see any gain.

General rule of thumb is double the cone area, add 1.5-3db. But when you cut your power in half when doubling cone area, you cancel that out.

Haha thats exactly why Im running my XL 10" off a 3.5 @ 1ohm with an overkill of clean power :P

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Alright ill pull em back out maybe later if not itll be tomorrow

BTW: how do you post a pic on this forum all i see is my content or when i click photo it says URL?

Upload picture to photobucket, tiny pic or image shack then post the image url here

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub