Why Am I Not Getting Full Potential

Well no offense to you or anything but if the sub+ does control the voltage to the amp, I can get that 1400....

My amps are rated up to 1500 each, I just chose lower to prevent clipping....

Yeh....if you can get them to hold at that ohm you wired them to

But theres a lil thing called impedance rise that determines what your amp actually sees....depending on heat,box, and other....it can rise a good bit and never be close to the nominal load

You can get a clamp meter to get an idea of where they are at and what kinda power its actually seeing

2004 Explorer4 12" Type R500.1(.5 ohm)6cu@35hz153@ 44hz

Install and box is 90% of the score and results.

No. Car is 50%, box is 40%, and equipment is 10%.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

No. Car is 50%, box is 40%, and equipment is 10%.

Id give the edge to the box.....60 box, 30 car, 10 equip

You can have a rex and ruin it all with a bad box.......or design i should say

Or have some random 4dr Neon and great box and pull better numbers than that crx with crappy box

You can get a crappy car loud easier than you can with a bad box, or design

thread cleaned up

the talk may be been constructive, but it really didnt have much to do with anything here....start a different thread if you wanna talk about leaky boxes

What does it matter if we're bumping his thread for others to look at?

you'll are crazy, use a dmm

on a Alpine IVA-D310 CD / DVD for my friend with:

2 18" fi ssds 12cuft@32hz

hifonics 2000d

stinger1700(2)

0 gauge

200a alt

with a dmm only until sub # at 15 did i see anything near 2v

it is not clipping, call alpine, when i did, they said that like jvc, the sub # needs to be all the way to 15 for full voltage

pioneer and sony's sub number is a bass boost at a specified frequency, alpine and jvc are level/voltage adjusters

(keep in mind this is what i've been told by each companies tech dept. when i was using their headunits for a system setup. I do this everytime i have a new headunit i havent used since you'd never know)

This is how i blew my RE Audio amp, i set the sub setting too low, then to compensate set the gains to high, which sent some crappy signals to my subs till they couldnt take it, now, with my jvc kd-shx8500 sub setting @ 12 instead of 0 like i thought it should be, it sounds a lot better/cleaner and the gain went from being set at 3/4 to 1/4!!

so we have it set at

volume 22 since it sounds bad after that (62% total volume only! :angry: )

sub at 15

and MXE at cc3

hope this helps

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

actually that helps a ton. It confirms everything I was thinking so I definitely should get way louder soon!! Also since I will be able to lower my gains I can probably give my subs more power as well! I originally thought that was a bass boost which is why I didn't use it....

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived