So im looking at buying this 98 Mustang GT and during the test drive today i was on it kinda hard to see if the tranny was slippin or not being as its and automatic and going through the middle of thrid girl the car kinda sputters.

my original thought is the fuel injectors but it only does it through that gear.

any ideas guys?

maybe a spark plug or a piston?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

missin some teeth on the gear?

not that i know of but i just found something on a review site, about the exact condition i described.

ill post it up.

1994-2004 Ford Mustang Reliability

Trouble Spots

Automatic transmission: The automatic transmission is notorious for shuddering or vibrating under light acceleration or when shifting between third and fourth gear above 35 mph. It requires that the transmission fluid be changed and that only Mercon fluid be used. (1994)

Automatic transmission: The transmission may slip and the engine may flare when the transmission shifts into fourth gear, which can often be traced to a bad TR/MLP sensor. (1994-95)

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

so when i get the fluid cahnged get the oil filter i take it changed or is there a filter for the tranny fluid also?

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

so when i get the fluid cahnged get the oil filter i take it changed or is there a filter for the tranny fluid also?

Ya theres a filter for both, lil hint when you do the trans drill a hole in the pan, weld a nut on the inside and make your own drain plug so you dont make a mess everytime.

dustin, take the car down to Barry's on white bluff rd, just past the hunter gate. He is the mustang GURU in savannah. He is sometimes at that shop, and sometimes the one on staley avenue. But all the guys I know who have stangs go to him, and no one else. He should be able to let you know what is going on with a quick test drive before you buy it...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

dustin, take the car down to Barry's on white bluff rd, just past the hunter gate. He is the mustang GURU in savannah. He is sometimes at that shop, and sometimes the one on staley avenue. But all the guys I know who have stangs go to him, and no one else. He should be able to let you know what is going on with a quick test drive before you buy it...

thanks man.

ill take it to him then i guess.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

So any word on if you are getting this car or not

well, my mom told me that if i went and got a job, she would co sign the loan for me.

so i went yesterday and put in applications at a few places and now im going to put some more in today. maybe ill grab up the job im wanting at Ruby Tuesdays :)

if i do get the car it should be sometime next week or so.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg