RooTxBeeR Posted September 17, 2013 Report Posted September 17, 2013 yeah that stuff runs smaller, even the 2/0 is not as big as 1/0 car audio wire. No, it does not run smaller. It follows the American wire Gauge standard, hence why people say 1/0awg wire. Tho you are correct that the 2/0 welding cable is a tad smaller then oversized 1/0, but thats just it, its oversized 1/0. The bad thing with welding cable is in some climates the casing on the wire does not hold up well when used outside the vehicle or in the engine bay, and oil, salt, water, zero degree weather can take a toll on that casing. But over all good wire. I have been running welding cable in my engine bay for a few years now. Only spot I seem to see anything bad happen is actually on one of the copper lugs going into the fuse box for a power wire. The copper itself is erroding, the wire seems good. Hope this stuff lasts long though, don't want to have to replace it any time soon lol. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
2loud4uboyz Posted September 17, 2013 Report Posted September 17, 2013 Oh well. The pros and cons of wire is true.
JamieHoward Posted September 17, 2013 Report Posted September 17, 2013 I have the 2/0 version and have to stretch the 1/0 lugs for it to fit. It is great stuff in my opinion.
Airborne Posted September 17, 2013 Report Posted September 17, 2013 I have a shit load of that stuff. I ran it in my last build 4 years ago and it is till like new. I am using marine grade wire in my camaro (get it free) and although it is double jacketed I don't see any difference in durability. Flexability can be an issue if you need to make a tight turn but you can tweek the layout to combat it. That is a really good deal... ###edit, I thought it was 40' for $40.00.lol If the price is low enough I say get it...
ham4864 Posted September 17, 2013 Author Report Posted September 17, 2013 i think they changed the listing it's 10' red 10' black for $51.99 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.