You have no idea what the you're talking about. Please pm me instances of me bitching at noobs.

Your statement was not, I think CCA is inferior to OFC...your statement was, "how dare you argue with the man named Tony! Humble yourselves and accept his words" of course I paraphrased a bit there.

I've ran OFC and switched to CCA, so you can't even get that right. Who cares about knowing more than someone? Are you feeling insecure there? Because a level of intelligence has nothing to do with it. Maybe I'll say it slower for you because you're having trouble.

I ran OFC wiring triple mechman 270s charging a total of 9 D3100s, on music full tilt on three RF T4000s powering three 15" BTLs and scored a legal 56.7 with voltage at 14.3. Swapped to CCA, same score at the same frequency, same voltage. Only difference was the price. So why should I pay an extra $500 for nothing? You say I should open my mind, have you opened yours? Have you swapped one from the other properly using both and seen a difference? If so, please share. But don't ever assume because we are debating something we are being disrespectful. And when in a debate with something like OFC vs CCA dkmt ever say, don't argue with tony just humble yourself. That shi cray

And where am I l pissing and moaning because something is on the chopping block? Lol, you have a very skewed perception of events and it tickles me.

Edited by TeamHT
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Please pm me instances of me bitching at noobs.

Your statement was not, I think CCA is inferior to OFC...your statement was, "how dare you argue with the man named Tony! Humble yourselves and accept his words" of course I paraphrased a bit there.

I've ran OFC and switched to CCA, so you can't even get that right. Who cares about knowing more than someone? Are you feeling insecure there? Because a level of intelligence has nothing to do with it. Maybe I'll say it slower for you because you're having trouble.

I ran OFC wiring triple mechman 270s charging a total of 9 D3100s, on music full tilt on three RF T4000s powering three 15" BTLs and scored a legal 56.7 with voltage at 14.3. Swapped to CCA, same score at the same frequency, same voltage. Only difference was the price. So why should I way an extra $500 for nothing? You say I should open my mind, have you opened yours? Have you swapped one from the other properly using both and seen a difference? If so, please share. But don't ever assume because we are debating something we are being disrespectful. And when in a debate with something like OFC vs CCA dkmt ever say, don't argue with tony just humble yourself. That shi cray

And where am I l pissing and moaning because something is on the chopping block? Lol, you have a very skewed perception of events and it tickles me.

Just popping into this here for a second..

Maybe you were not pulling enough amperage to stress the wire? If you were pushing the ofc to it's max draw (wire getting warm) then switched to cca, I don't see how the score would stay the same.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

I wired calculating the draw. You're right though, but doesn't that mean wiring properly with CCA counterbalances the better conductivity of copper and still costs less...then isn't that something to factor in? I already said better is subjective. Maybe someone doesn't want to run multiple runs. They want one big run and don't care about price. Then I'll assume the biggest OFC they can find is the best for them. People should decide what is better for them.

In my install I saw no performance loss at all but I did see a price difference.

in the real world none of this matters, cca is perfectly ok if u use the next size up from pure copper. Class d is more efficient, so how is this not better in the use of subwoofers. a dmm can test resistance if u cut the wire, but thats not always smart

2010 Ram 1500, Pioneer deh80prs,2-12" RE SXXv2's downfired in vinal wrapped center console box, kenwood 6x9's in the doors on a mtx 4 channel, viper 5901, big 3, kinetik 2000

:popcorn:

:shrug:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Hmm Amp Dyno and DC 5k= CCA vs OFC. This one will be fun. Keep an eye out for a video in the next day or 2, I have a spool of 1/0 CCA coming from Sky High.

if you do this test, use 1 run of OFC, then double or triple inputs for CCA, to see what is better for the cost.

Already planning on it. I just got the CCA in from Sky High today.

Planned tests are as follows.

DC 3.5k will be used for the testing. This amp has 1 power and 1 ground input. Each run will be 5' long.

Single 1/0 CCA

Dual 1/0 CCA

Single 1/0 OFC

Dual 1/0 OFC

Single 2/0 OFC

As interested as I am to see results, I am equally as interested in how you will ensure that the wire is the ONLY variable. I am not even close to being an expert but I can think of 2 things, one will be the power supply. Can you be certain that the available power (I am sure there is better terminology) will be EXACTLY the same for each test. The second thing is amp temperature, aren't they more efficient when they are cooler? Maybe a TM-1 hooked up to measure this?

I cant wait to see this and I think it is awesome that you are willing to do it.

LOLz.

People need to chill out....it is only the internet. You dont like CCA, dont use it, dont like ofc dont use it...

I'm just tuned in for Tony to reply with some hard facts and real answers, until then I'm just waiting, hopefully he gets back before this gets locked.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I wired calculating the draw. You're right though, but doesn't that mean wiring properly with CCA counterbalances the better conductivity of copper and still costs less...then isn't that something to factor in? I already said better is subjective. Maybe someone doesn't want to run multiple runs. They want one big run and don't care about price. Then I'll assume the biggest OFC they can find is the best for them. People should decide what is better for them.

In my install I saw no performance loss at all but I did see a price difference.

That is true, as I pointed out before, better is subjective, being cheaper is better.

A lot of you came off like "Tony don't know shit, I've been running CCA and it's a dream come true", Paraphrasing of course.

But let me paraphrase myself: I think a guy that engineered and built one of the most powerful (and efficient) car amplifiers would probably know something about how to supply power to it. All I'm saying is that maybe you should hear him out before calling him out.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Who said anything like that? It was a pretty civil debate on both sides until people got offended. If anyone should have thought that...wouldn't that have been Tony? I don't understand the negative connotation...I really don't. I disagree with a point and simply gave reasons why I believe so. I'm sure most people know we're not being disrespectful because we're not. I have run both, so have experience with both. I'm tuned in for more of this debate :)