Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommendations for a small system for a MINI Cooper


dfarres

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm getting a MINI this weekend and it already has an upgraded DVD touch screen head unit.

I'm thinking of using the limited trunk space for a sub setup. I just want to add some bass.

Any ideas would be great. Thinking maybe 2 10's.

Don't want to spend a bunch of money. I'll be able to get some measurements after i get it on Saturday for box ideas.

Posted

I had one, but no system. I seen the JL Audio amps being recommended replacements for mids and highs. Fits right in the cubby hole where the factory amp goes. On the other cubby hole, you can probably fit the Massive Audio N2 monoblock in there. Then have the whole itty bitty hatch space for a box. I'd recommend a single subwoofer. More volume for the box. It's really tiny back there lol.

Alpine PDX-V9


Morel Tempo 6


Alpine SBR-S8-4


Alpine CDE 149BT



Posted

KMS's system in his sig looks like it'll work to me ^

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Posted

Small system in a MINI Cooper?!?! Blasphemy!!

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Posted

Single Lvl5 12 on 3.5k

And morel 603 (3 ways) up front on 600rms

If it was my car

Not happening with keeping the back seats. 3.5k is a decent amount to hold on these

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Posted

^

You don't think you'll fit a 2.7 gross box back there for 1.5net

The lvl5 will hold 3.5 daly no problem but anything over 2.5 would be perfect

You could do a lvl6 if you want to drop around 900 on the sub

Posted

If its the same as mine, it ain't happening. Youd have to fit the box, amp, and 2 d3100s, just not the space for it.

And for me saying 3.5k is a decent amount to hold on these I was talking about the cars electrical

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6054 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...