Sonic Electronix

Fosgate T0 12's on a BC2000D

Jacob Fuller original wanted to rate the SA series at 1500 rms but felt it wouldn't sell as much, so he rated them at 600 rms. but they are still built to handle 1500 rms daily if you're smart. Foxracin put 1750 rms on his sa-10's and only mechanically ruined it due to the enclosure, but the coil was still fine.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

So why can't this 3in coil handle the same or more?

Depends on the length of the coil as well, construction of the sub, cooling, tinsel leads, etc.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Plus Rockford quality on their subs isn't as good as it used to be a long time ago, ask older guys like Clean Sierra, or Smoove.

Sundown is a much better built brand, and so what if the sa series has a 2.5 coil, that doesn't mean shit, it's still known to handle an assload of power, while the T0 will probably stink up if you feed it more than 1000 rms. That's why you don't see people win competitions with T0's while trophies and big numbers are obtained with the SA series.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Plus Rockford quality on their subs isn't as good as it used to be a long time ago, ask older guys like Clean Sierra, or Smoove.

Sundown is a much better built brand, and so what if the sa series has a 2.5 coil, that doesn't mean shit, it's still known to handle an assload of power, while the T0 will probably stink up if you feed it more than 1000 rms. That's why you don't see people win competitions with T0's while trophies and big numbers are obtained with the SA series.

Or maybe rockford just doesnt have an image of making competition subs (except the T2) so people dont buy rockford subs to win competitions, that doesnt mean those cant either. From what i see, rockford seems to shoot for quality more than anything anyways. Give a T0 1500 CLEAN watts and maybe youll be surprised. I know my sundown X 18 gets stinky on 1800 watts with gains at or sorta under 1/4 actually with no bass boost, but people always think " oh sundown? xxxx rms? naa ill give it twice that ". You know what i mean? Im not doubting what you said about the sa coils but who knows about the T0 coils? has anyone tried?

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Its crazy to me that the T0 and T1 are so similar in price on the popular online retailers. A lot of places I see a $10-20 difference.

I agree with Omega, the subs aren't built quite the way they used to be. They are built with quality parts, no doubt. With these other companies though, like Sundown for example, they aren't competing(or trying to compete for that matter) with them. The last time I really LIKED Fosgate for a sub stage was when they had the HE, HE2, and HX2 stuff back in the early 2000s. I think a lot of guys would still try running the RF gear, but when they are looking at prices and power handling, and WHAT is popular in the scene at that time, RF falls short. More guys would run then if they were a bit cheaper I think. R&D, marketing, and a company of 100s will likely need to charge more for a product than a company of a few guys that thrive on word of mouth

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived