nick_-88 Posted September 23, 2013 Report Posted September 23, 2013 Had an amp blow up taking my type rs with it so now im Looking for some input on k9 subs like do they handle their rated rms? And how do they compare to the type rs and or similar subs ?
SnowDrifter Posted September 23, 2013 Report Posted September 23, 2013 Can't say I've had experience with them I know Jeff Rowland uses some db drive subs in his van. Not sure what model they are The k9 has a 3" voice coil. So the 1000 watt power rating seems feasible. what amp(s) are you considering? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
SnowDrifter Posted September 23, 2013 Report Posted September 23, 2013 Oh... And welcome to SMD!!! ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
nick_-88 Posted September 23, 2013 Author Report Posted September 23, 2013 Thanks !! I bought a rockford fosgate t2500bcpd and I will be hooking up 4 12s@ 2 ohms just wondering on the reliability compared to my type rs
SnowDrifter Posted September 23, 2013 Report Posted September 23, 2013 In all honesty... Any sub should be reliable if you know how to treat your equipment Let me ask this: what do you have for electrical upgrades? And would you be open to trying any new brands for subs? Something a bit less mainstream than DB drive but well known in the audio world? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
nick_-88 Posted September 23, 2013 Author Report Posted September 23, 2013 I have 2/0guage power and ground wire 2 batterys 160amp alternator and a 10 farad hybrid cap (mostly just helps me monitor my voltage open to ideas on different brands I didn't know db drive was mainstream lol. in canada (at least were I am ) it seems hard to find anything not jl, alpine, pioneer etc btw all of this is in a 1988 trans am not sure if it matters lol
nick_-88 Posted September 23, 2013 Author Report Posted September 23, 2013 Some drivers with a high surround/high excursion might hit the hatch so that is one of tge limiting factors
ChevyBoy95 Posted September 23, 2013 Report Posted September 23, 2013 i have seen 8 K9 10's in a wall take 2 db drive 7.5ks, so yes, they are durable enough to handle 2500w across 4 subs. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
nick_-88 Posted September 23, 2013 Author Report Posted September 23, 2013 Cool !! Any other suggestions on other subs I should be looking into ?
bighossf150 Posted September 23, 2013 Report Posted September 23, 2013 Ab xfl. Sundown sa Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.