Dorm Room System 2.0 sub suggestions? And build to follow

shit that is many watts for a home setup

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

holy mother of christ, that must have been loud. I remember looking into running a transformer and just running 12v gear so I could pretty much just transplant it into a car, but decided the 120v route would be much easier...got pics though?

Noo :( I got rid of it a couple months ago and never took and pics or videos. I just used it to watch the movies with the most explosions the days after everyone had been load and annoying and had a hangover. Lol

Lol I got rid of it because it started breaking stuff in my room... ^_^ It knocked the light fixture over the bathroom sink out of the wall. It was awesome but at the same time I got in a LOT of trouble because of it. Lol

holy mother of christ, that must have been loud. I remember looking into running a transformer and just running 12v gear so I could pretty much just transplant it into a car, but decided the 120v route would be much easier...got pics though?

Noo :( I got rid of it a couple months ago and never took and pics or videos. I just used it to watch the movies with the most explosions the days after everyone had been load and annoying and had a hangover. Lol

Lol I got rid of it because it started breaking stuff in my room... ^_^ It knocked the light fixture over the bathroom sink out of the wall. It was awesome but at the same time I got in a LOT of trouble because of it. Lol

hahahaha thats awesome

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

yeah dude holy crap thats insane. i don't even know if i would want to be that loud.

hahaha "a few days" meaning every day? Damn. Even just my 12 is too loud i needa get into the shop to make sure i can get rid of the 12 and move to this build and do the 8" setup

Right now in my dorm room I'm running an Onkyo TX-NR509 to a pair of bookshelf's I built as well as an 8" in a 4th order. The sub is only getting 70 watts from the plate amp, but I can shake light fixtures up and down the hallway. As for what the sub is, I have nothing to tell me since it was a buyout on Parts-Express for 20.

team%20xplicit%20smd_zpswfo6ysdv.jpg

I'm actually thinking about trying a 4th order...where can i see this build??? or do you at least have what woofer you used and the box specs? sounds dope dude, tho I don't wana be tooooo loud and im gunna be running 300watts...

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

dafuq??? :blink: 9", shallow mount, 3" voice coils, 8ohm impedance....whatthehellisthatthing? also says ported enclosure not recommended, which i suppose matters much less when doing a 4th order, but seriously, what the hell is that thing? that has to be the most odd woofer i've ever seen beside that "cyclone" one or whatever its called with the two flaps instead of a moving cone. cool find but too weird, wrong impedance, and too expensive for what I'm looking into doing. I think it's official: I'm going with the RF 8". Box designs for a fourth order and aeroported enclosure would be appreciated as I have a mac :badmood2: and can't use torres calc...t-line should be up soon though! Also might get into planning out the faceplate for the new amp design

Archived