Second Skin Audio

truck box help

2010gmc

Don't run .5 ohm dude, just don't. Once you have some experience under your belt, MAYBE. Even then, I'm not a fan.

As far as batteries go, is not recommended to mix a lead acid battery with an AGM. The batteries will equalize at a lower voltage than the AGM wants. So over time, it's putting stress on the AGM battery. The same battery you paid a couple hundred bucks good, so is it worth it to shorten that batterys life?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

What would be the best tuning frequency for 2 sa8's? I obviously want to hit the lows hard but I also don't listen to music that's going to go insanely low. I definitely want to be able to hit 30 hz pretty loudly, but I guess going lower than that is not a big deal. It would be awesome to be able to hit in the 20's but I don't want to tune for that if I'll lose output in the 30's and up

Dude this forum is FULL of information. Have you tried using the search feature to check and see what people are tuning their boxes to? You also need to know some limitations with your requirement.You are NOT going to get a ground pounder with a couple of 8s, or shallow mount 10s. 33-37Hz is a good all around tune in a truck like yours for most music listening types of music. If you tune so low, you'll need one HELL of a midstage to pick up where your sub stage falls off.

SA8s sound great and that have a LOT of output for being so small. At the end of the day though, you aren't going to have a system that will be heard for blocks. It WILL impress people that you only have a couple of 8s because they sound awesome. I dint want you to get your hopes up, our think that you can destroy 38Hz and also get much output in the 20s though, there will be a compromise with your tuning.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived