Second Skin Audio

BUILDING A SUB FROM SCRATCH !!!!!!!!

bass juggernaut

I am going to TRY and build a sub from scratch so i thought i would see if i can get some builders to chime in on this. im just going to ask a bunch of Q's and hopefully you can answer them to the best of your knowledge. 1. what glues do i use for each part mainly T-joint i like E6000 for everything else 2. how do i know how tall of a former and winding's to get 3. how many spiders should i use for SPL only 4. how do i know where to position the coil in the gap. Any other info you could throw in there would be greatly appreciated

Pm Dwn4BassAlan. He's a member on here building a SICK neo sub. He may be able to help

To position the coil I just connected the coil/former to the spider (without glue at first) then I got a AA battery and would pop it with negative voltage. If you do it with positive you will get a nice coil flying at your face.

But I would do that a few times until I knew for sure what orientation that the coil wouldn't rub anything at. Then I put down some CA glue and got it put back as fast as I could. Testing it as well.

Note that you will have a electronic sound from opening and closing the circuit so don't get that mixed up with the very distinctive rubbing sound.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived