Second Skin Audio

New dd subs

Dd9515 king

Some of the things that make DD worth it to me:

1. Direct Leads, no tinsel lead bullshit

2. Ultra-light weight synthetic fibers for the cone, not some pressed paper

From DD: "The fibers are combined and mixed with high binding strength natural fibers

and aerospace grade resins. High tensile binding increases the bond strength at the

points where the fibers become interlocked.

The fibers are shot as the cone molds in angles which re-enforce the cone body perpendicular

to the direction of the voice coil forces. This increases the resistance to bending modes at high power levels."

3. They use thermally activated resin, so when shit gets cookin the bonds become stronger

I want my equipment to last 10 years+ and DD subs will do just that even if you run them 1k over rated daily

Don't forget they are made in the USA so the support my country is just icing on the loud cake

smh

no tinsel lead bullshit? They still have tinsels, and they are still woven thru the spiders, and still use 4 tiny tinsel leads per terminal, and is still a weak point as any woofer if you clip your amps.

Hell, they are using generic DB Link wire now for the direct connects, they use to have their own DD branded wire.

The whole made in the usa thing is a bold statement as well, the motors and baskets are coming straight from china, all their lower level woofers 2500 and below are made in china 100%, the 3500s and up are assembled here and get a square made in the usa stick stuck to the bottom of the motor.

I just got some 9512 recones, cant say Im impressed with the glue quality used on them. I must say the worst drop ins I ever received by any company. Seems a lot of people been getting that same quality from AQ too. Hopefully whoever is building recones is not the guy building the new subs.

Snow drifter please read

Come on we all change woofers every time their is a GR8 one that comes out. For me I don't care if it does not pass 3 years or so to say they have the best product for maximize longevity, sound quality or harmonizing wave generation.

My main thing is can any one with a good ear hear the big difference of this woofer in comparison to any other woofer on the market ?

Don't get it wrong I am not bashing any one or the product I just want to no if it is really worth the price.

Look up the price of ferrite magnets.

You need to design it, taking into account the magnetic flux. Then manufacture it, ship it, test it. After all those costs, then you need a profit margin that will allow you to make money after things like server costs, r&d, customer service and other employees.

If you have money to spend on it, why not? Whether or not its worth the purchase is up to the buyer to decide based on their needs and finances. Plus, being a hobby, you also need to take into account the joy it will bring you. Any hobby, gets expensive when you get into it. Car audio is no differen

pioneer I was just asking how much of a difference for the price don't have a issue with the price if the sound quality is worth the money.

Tecomah N8 is one of the people you answer to I hope he is your boss and not fudging you.

No disrespect N8

Tecomah we all no this is public but purplehaze sed that was N8 answer not me.

Pioneer I do agree it is not worth it so moving on.

I would love to see a Vid of the woofers when you get them. If you say that they are off the hook I will get a set as I was looking to get a new pair. I have JBL MKII and I need to get some thing crazy. I have to much power for the woofers and they have to go. I was thinking of the new Sa x series or Z4 for my American bass vfl 400.1.

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

Oops. Forgot. I love the dustcap on the 99.

Edit- looks like the extended the basket to make some room at the spider, ... See the angles?!?!

Hmmmmmmm a 4"coil 12" ? Lol ...

Looks like a nice spaced spider pack to me. And I'd say a 4" coil for sure.

Like who?

Dude, I'd just stop. You know who he meant, does he really have to spell it out?

"ANYONE ELSE" - there you go, direct quote from n8.

N8 never new you had a secretary.....

N8 could have IM me he didn't have to post it on the page. I have looked on line and I have looked at 15's in the range of $500- $800. But I have yet to see a 12 that high.

You stop answering for people thank you sun.

Yes, purplehaze got the job just a few weeks ago, didn't you know?

Seriously though, if purple "answers" for n8 by literally taking words from n8's post (since n8 is not on to personally handle you), that's not answering for him, that's clarifying what you did not seem to notice. Just because someone else points something out doesn't mean you gotta attack them. The thing I hate most is when the answer to a question is literally in the post they are questioning, yet they still have to ask.

Purple probably saved n8 time and a headache by posting, we all know the mods are busy on this site dealing with new people or problems elsewhere, they don't have time to always explain or clarify what someone else else could handle no problem.....

and I can think of a few 12"s both above and around that price too, but I'm gonna assume we're not really supposed to be listing all that right here.

And yes, I am purplehaze's secretary. I'm the secretary of the secretary. Boom.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

first of all no one handles me.. if you look at his purplehaze came for me and I didn't send for him.

Hear is another one!

reag the dam post he didn't take N8 statement and re post it. if that was the case this would be fine

I didn't attack him I made a joke.

I new this when he posted it. we are not allowed to make vs pages I was teasing N8 not In a bad way but I was being funny when I post it. I think N8 got that that's why he didn't reply.

But I am glad you are on top of your job.

I have delt with N8 before this is not a big deal. N8 will chime in when he feels the need to. but neither you or purple have can speak for some one ells.

So like I was saying to purple about N8 answering my question by IM/PM me. you can do the same since you open your mouth. so send me some picks and names through pm of 12's around that price. valid not you just wrighting it I want listed items..

Are you feeling it yet?

:popcorn:

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

So like I was saying to purple about N8 answering my question by IM/PM me.

you can do the same since you open your mouth.

so send me some picks and names through pm of 12's around that price.

valid not you just wrighting it I want listed items..

Yea this is a public forum, why would anyone PM you something not so personal

And we are not opening our mouths we are answering your questions about the pricing

Nobody is gonna send you a list of anything but understand these guys

know their shit and they know current prices.

Why are you demanding a list of 12's in the same price range

That looks like vs. thread, do your own research

ThIS was not for every one so who is we?

The PM is BECAUSE you can not do a VS page. if they list it then it is vs page.

I never new asking for proof was a bad thing.

I was not asking every one for a list I was asking the person who open their mouth if it is not you don't worry about it.

man you are just asking for a hammer....why so much problems over a damn 12 inch sub?

its teh companys right to make the prices for their own products..

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Archived