Sundown Audio

apcl-30001d audiopipe amp? wtf

bassman619

So whats up with the audiopipe apcl-30001d amp? Specs look wierd to me 2x3000w @1ohm ? What does that mean? And the amp says 2ohm minimum over the speaker wire terminals. Is this a good amp at all.? Found 1 for about 300 bucks new

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

as i see it its a kind of amp that produces more power on 2 ohms...

so as the readiing is 1500rms on 1ohm and 3000rms on 2 ohms...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

as i see it its a kind of amp that produces more power on 2 ohms...

so as the readiing is 1500rms on 1ohm and 3000rms on 2 ohms...

but then it says 6000w max..I dnt under stand this shit..usually it the 2 ohms is less power than 1..

never...i mean NEVER look at the max rating

you only need to know the RMS rating of the amp

on the other hand

usually 1ohm rates more power...some of the amps dont...its like it puts out more power on more ohms(2ohm or some of em at 4ohms)

for 300$ its one nice amp for putting 3K of RMS at 2ohm....but you need electrical upgrades to get the power the amp needs,

such as the Big 3 upgrade, and some battery?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

on the other hand

usually 1ohm rates more power...some of the amps dont...its like it puts out more power on more ohms(2ohm or some of em at 4ohms)

for 300$ its one nice amp for putting 3K of RMS at 2ohm....but you need electrical upgrades to get the power the amp needs,

yeah understandable.big 3 is definitely in the plans before install. 320a alt ..d3400 xs battery and all 1/0 gauge ofc wire plus a 10f rockford cap...I just dnt get what they mean by 2x3000w @1ohm..I just want 3000w rms at 1 ohm..my question is ..is this a good amp for the price? Does it do rated? Is it reliable for a daily ground pounder paired with 2 18" sundown v.3 subs?

on the other hand

yeah understandable.big 3 is definitely in the plans before install. 320a alt ..d3400 xs battery and all 1/0 gauge ofc wire plus a 10f rockford cap...I just dnt get what they mean by 2x3000w @1ohm..I just want 3000w rms at 1 ohm..my question is ..is this a good amp for the price? Does it do rated? Is it reliable for a daily ground pounder paired with 2 18" sundown v.3 subs?

3000x2 at 1 ohm meaning when wired to 2 ohms, each internal board sees 1 ohm. 3000 watts max for each board, but its really 1000rms per board.

you cant wire it to 1 ohm.

it is two 1500w audiopipes internally strapped so the "2 ohm" load is actually two amplifiers at 1 ohm each inside one big case.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived