Sonic Electronix

Under spare tire dampening..

So the stock dampening under my tire in the trunk is dry-rotted and coming off by hand. But, it is leaving the sticky/glued part to the car. I have been going at it with a chisel, but this is just not going to happen. Is there a kind of spray that I can use to just spray over what is left? Like a bedliner spray or something that will have some good dampening quality?

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

heat gun and gloves and a good scraper

Yeah, that sounds like a lot of messy work. LOL. I was hoping I could get some rubberized undercoating or something. I guess doing the dirty work is a big part of a good install...

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Don't mean to thread jack here but say ur bolting a false floor made of plywood over the spare tire well how effective is deadening underneath there/will it even do anything?

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

You could use an adhesive remover and a plastic scraper. They sell this stuff called orange peel and it works wonders on all types of adhesives. Just spray it on, let it sit for about 3-5 minutes, then scrape it off. Then just use some alcohol to clean up the area you just "cleaned". That way the deadener will have a proper surface to mount to.

I vote expanding foam and smooth it flat during drying time

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I got all the OEM stuff off yesterday with a scraper and elbow grease. I taped it off and used a can of 3M rubberized undercarriage spray on it for now. Let that dry for a few days and lay some dynamat on it.

Archived