SQ RANT.........

And Miracle Whip is not Fucking Mayonnaise. ...and "olive oil" Mayonnaise isn't FUCKING Mayonnaise either! Only plain Real Mayonnaise is Mayonnaise. And I will fight over that shit. lol

+1 for the Mayonnaise.. You can't fake the real thing. It either "is", or it "is not".

Blue Plate ... There is no Substitute

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Best foods hmmmmmmmmmm

also i really think its how the term is used online, an sq guy clicks on a thread that says "help with my sq" to come and see door panels with 30 mids and 20 super tweets its just a major face palm for an sq guy. the sq in turn trys to explain its not sq and the arguing starts thats how i see at least

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

The crazy thing is that with proper time alignment, Equalization, and well planned out multiple driver setups ... There is a great chance for really nice Sound Quality applications ... BUT IT IS ALOT OF WORK INVOLVED that most people will not take that extra mile to work properly ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Yes it is ... I'm running a 3 way set up at the moment

5 /4 and tweet on each side of the dash and a 6.5 in each door ...

• 10 months later...

Then of course theres people coming from home audio that don't understand what the point of having a SPL comp car is or the rules of SQ (generally)...or something that measures completely flat that sounds like crap.

The GN was awesome. Even just with a good set of headphones+preamp it sounded awesome.

I am finally learning to accurately measure my setups, I bought a UMIK Mic and a simplex dsp because it will make testing easier. But if you don't understand what your setup is doing you'll never be able to understand WHY your setup doesn't sound good. SPL seems to be about quantity...subs/amps/speakers....output, SQ you have to know what you are doing so you can maximize the output with the east amount of things cluttering the output. You can make a radioshack paper cone speaker sound amazing given the right setup. (see Bose for details)

(also I re-read this today...not saying SPL guys don't know how to setup their equipment really well, just saying that it seems like most don't care that it sounds extremely good on a varied type of music. If it outputs a ton at 35-40hz they're happy. Fuck that mids and highs are just as important as sub stage. And I could care less about a meter. The really good SPL guys get this)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Nice rant Kimo, you're so funny. See you in the lanes :rofl:

'07 SRT8 Charger - Team Hybrid Audio Technologies / Team ARC Audio

'10,'11,'12 Meca California State Champion Modex

'13,'14,'15 Meca California State Champion Extreme

''15 Meca World Champion Extreme Class

'13,'15 Iasca National Champion Pro Class & Ultimate Class

'12,'14 Iasca National Runner Up Pro Class

• 2 months later...

I would just like to add that I work in a recording studio environment and spend hours listening to recordings at very high sampling rates through studio monitors ranging anywhere from $500 pair all the way up to $30,000. When I was young I listened to a lot of bass heavy and loud music. I can definitely say that if you take someone who may view or refer to their loud/clean system as SQ and throw them in an actual SQ car they may not even tell that much of a difference (in SQ) depending on how poor their hearing has become and they may complain in the lack of or missing bass of course. If they're polite that may bob their head a bit and say "yeah man that sounds really nice." In my case I have lost some of the upper frequencies that are detrimental for critical listening due to the fact I use to roll around with 4 15 subs and 4 6 1/2 and 2 bullet tweets in each door from a teenager up into my early 20's. If your hearing is good you should be able to hear between 20hz - 20,000khz. My ability to hear upper frequencies has lowered to around 14,000khz. I can still mix well in the studio environment and still do well at setting instruments in a desired spacial soundstage but mastering audio with great accuracy (which is entirely different craft and requires dedicated equipment as well as a proper room) would be out of the question considering I have lost part of my hearing in the upper bandwidth. Luckily its the very high frequencies and does not effect my ability to mix and record. I would assume that everyone here has played with frequency generators and the simple ones you can download on your phones. Frequency Generator by 17choices for android is a good one for these type of tests. It very entertaining and gives you an idea of how bad certain peoples upper bandwidth is missing when you set these devices to a high tone and slowly lower that frequency. You will have some people in the same room experiencing great pain while others are oblivious hear absolutely nothing. People who have spent thousands of hours in loud cars may never be able to fully enjoy, appreciate, or understand the experience of a SQ setup. Of course age is also a factor. Currently once you loose part of your hearing due do high volume it is permanently lost but genetic researches are exploring ways to get your inner ear to regrow the small hair cells responsible for this. Hopefully they're successful in my lifetime so I can continue to enjoy my music even further. (once again)

Archived