Sonic Electronix

My point in my last post (#10), is that if I have an alternator big enough to supply the power I need, I don't need a bigger battery, it is there for when the power demand exceeds what my alt can give, which wouldn't be the case if I got a big enough of one. But it sounds like I won't need to get an alt that big if I get a bigger battery. So I either get a really BIG alternator or I give a little bit of a bigger alternator and a little bit of a bigger battery, right?

Sorry if these are hard to read and understand, I am just emptying my brain onto my keyboard.

Ok, sorry, one more post and then I'll let you guys talk, lol.
http://www.bcae1.com/chargin2.htm : how does what you guys said fit with what they say in the battery section.

Extra Batteries:
Extra batteries are great if you want to listen to your system with the engine off. While the alternator is charging, the extra batteries will only draw current which could otherwise be going to your amplifiers. For proof, all you have to do is measure the voltage while the engine is running. It should be approximately 13.5-14.4 volts DC. Then turn the engine off and measure the battery voltage again. Now it'll be around 12-12.5 volts. Whenever the voltage at the battery is near 14 volts, there is current flowing into the battery. The only time that the battery supplies current with the engine running is when the current capacity of the alternator has been exceeded. When that happens and the batteries are the source of power, the voltage supplied by the batteries will be significantly less than the voltage of an alternator that's capable of supplying the required current.

Who's right and who's wrong? Because these seem like two different views.

you need to get 1 backup battery. over 100ah. Also get an upgraded alternator. they are usually rated above idle. 220 amps nowadays for a good company probably does around 150. Also you dont want to get EXACTLY how much you'll think you need. also a big enough gauge wire to carry that 220 amps to your backup battery. make sure you do the big 3.

It honestly sounds like you didnt do enough reading.

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

Ok, sorry, one more post and then I'll let you guys talk, lol.

http://www.bcae1.com/chargin2.htm : how does what you guys said fit with what they say in the battery section.

Extra Batteries:

Extra batteries are great if you want to listen to your system with the engine off. While the alternator is charging, the extra batteries will only draw current which could otherwise be going to your amplifiers. For proof, all you have to do is measure the voltage while the engine is running. It should be approximately 13.5-14.4 volts DC. Then turn the engine off and measure the battery voltage again. Now it'll be around 12-12.5 volts. Whenever the voltage at the battery is near 14 volts, there is current flowing into the battery. The only time that the battery supplies current with the engine running is when the current capacity of the alternator has been exceeded. When that happens and the batteries are the source of power, the voltage supplied by the batteries will be significantly less than the voltage of an alternator that's capable of supplying the required current.

Who's right and who's wrong? Because these seem like two different views.

You have no idea what batteries do?? Try this. start your car, take out the battery then drive it across town with no stereo. tell me what happens.

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

Dude, I just quoted the website, word for word. So you think that bcae1.com doesn't know what batteries do? I am asking YOU how YOUR WORDS fit with THEIR WORDS. It honestly sounds like you didn't read what I said.
And I have done plenty of reading, thank you very much. Unfortunately, most of it was garbage of conflicting "facts" and people bashing each other because each thought he knew better than the other.

you need to get 1 backup battery. over 100ah. Also get an upgraded alternator. they are usually rated above idle. 220 amps nowadays for a good company probably does around 150. Also you dont want to get EXACTLY how much you'll think you need. also a big enough gauge wire to carry that 220 amps to your backup battery. make sure you do the big 3.

It honestly sounds like you didnt do enough reading.

Did you take any of this info in? Also please don't ever bring that site up again. Its wrong.

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

from the website.

Only change your alternator when it breaks

Big 3 is useless and sometimes dangerous

Please someone shoot the guy who wrote.

Im starting to think im getting trolled.

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

Yes, I got it. Thanks, that is what I needed to know. I won't use that website anymore. How's this alternator?: http://www.powerbastards.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Fitzall-220. I've been looking at this alternator for the past few days trying to figure out if it is worth it or if I should get another stock alt and find a place to put it in with the other stock alt.

Kinda off topic. I see the team sundown under your name. My friend introduced me to sundown, and it was love at first sight. I've been to poor to buy any of their stuff, until now. I just ordered 2 SA 8 v.2's. From what I've seen and heard, they are magical. What amp would you recommend me to use. I was thinking about Hifonics BRX1600.1D, but I see that dr-b.com is selling refurbished B-stock Sundown amps 15% off, and I like what I see. I am looking and thinking at the SAE-1200Dv1, SAX-1200D, SAZ-1200D, and maybe even SAZ-1500D. Which amp do you think I should go with?

Bro, that website sucks ass. You can search around here, like the Electrical/battery/wiring section, or SNAFU's/CE Auto electrics thread, and find more knowledge (based on facts) then you can ever need. And about your alt, everybody here will point you to Mechman, DCpower or Singer alts. Tried, tested and in out rides. I run a Mechman 240, and it is a beast.

And don't worry about the smart-asses in here. Once you have over a few hundred posts, people will lighten up. Until then, just read as much as you can, and search this site. I guarantee your question has been asked and answered over a hundred times in a hundred different ways.

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Archived