Sundown Audio

CT Sounds

The_Iceman

I have the AT 800 and only problem I have is that my electrical system has trouble keeping up with it..did better with my ED NINE.1 but idk I....and the l.e.d. on the gain nobe was crazy bright at nighttime in my dungeon of a jeep interior lol. It was like driving with a glow stick. But Im upgrading to the ct 1400...soon as I find someone to do my big3 upgrade. My long time installer refuses to do it as he says the 1/0 gauge is too big and will do more harm then good.

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

Go with this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technix-1200-1-amp-amplifier-1200w-RMS-2400w-MAX-Class-D-1-ohm-stable-/121106776171?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item1c3286c06b

Same board minus the bass knob, it has one but not the awesome one. But for a 100 bucks cheaper? It put out the same numbers.

I read that somewhere else as well. I dont see just the knob justifying the price gap. I wonderif the ct sounds are cherry picked boards out of the auto technix 1200's? There are plenty of other electronic industries that do the same ( intel i7 2600k 2700k, amd 6950 6970, im sure the list is endless). Guess another way to put it is like buying a car, you dont buy one built on a monday or friday due to lower quality work. Anyone else feel the same way on this?

I went to there facebook page and saw I live right down the street so im looking forward to hopefully supporting a local business!

No idea. I think it is less because they are selling it to make room for ct sounds line, and because it dosent have features like new knob.

Just my thoughts, i think i am gonna get the 900.1

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

I have the AT 800 and only problem I have is that my electrical system has trouble keeping up with it..did better with my ED NINE.1 but idk I....and the l.e.d. on the gain nobe was crazy bright at nighttime in my dungeon of a jeep interior lol. It was like driving with a glow stick. But Im upgrading to the ct 1400...soon as I find someone to do my big3 upgrade. My long time installer refuses to do it as he says the 1/0 gauge is too big and will do more harm then good.

what the hell is he talking about it will do more harm he probably buts 250alt on stock 8ga wires. the bigger the wire the better if I was you get some one else or do it your self its easy to do

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Jfoodstamp, if the 800.1 did real good for you, think the new 900.1 would do fine for 2 SA 10s?

I would get the audio technix 1200.1, but I personally like amps with fuses in them, and I'd like to be able to keep 4GA simply cause 1-0 would look huge and take up a lot of room in my trunk. Also 900.1 costs less than 1400.1 and better on my stock electrical 2.

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

the 900.1 will do good for you it'll do 1000rms with good electrical just make sure you do the big 3.what size alt do you got may want to get something 170ish amp.

2 sundown sd-2 d4

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

I plan on doing the big 3 eventually. I have a 100 amp alt stock. So I was thinking anything much more than the 900.1 would be a bit much. Guys I have always preferred amps with fuses in them, but is their really any big difference between one with an fuse in the amp or one that uses an in line fuse?

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

I plan on doing the big 3 eventually. I have a 100 amp alt stock. So I was thinking anything much more than the 900.1 would be a bit much. Guys I have always preferred amps with fuses in them, but is their really any big difference between one with an fuse in the amp or one that uses an in line fuse?

no not really, the reason why they don't put fuses on them is because us audio people put a fuse in the line going to the amp anyways and if something happen the fuse on the amp, might not blow fast enough and could cause damage to the amp.just like my t1000bd it has an 150 fuse on it so I just put a 150 fuse in the line about 10in away from the batt and that 100amp alt isn't going to like the amp you need some thing like 150+ alt

2 sundown sd-2 d4

flex tech

box design by Joe X

Probably do, but money is not something I have a lot of to spend on audio. So I'm trying to avoid any sort of big electrical upgrades.

Besides if the voltage drops too low, ill be able to tell by bass knob, if so ill look into changes.

I'm not at all trying to kill my cars electric, but in highschool so funds aren't so readily available.

And I was thinking there wasent any real different between inline and in amp. I do like the idea of having fusing in amp an powerline though. Never can be too careful :)

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

everything from CT sounds does above and beyond the ratings, gotta love being rated at 12.8v.

the bass knob has a voltage readout at the amp plus the knob clicks in and out to turn it on or off.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived