Brandonbkd Posted October 10, 2013 Report Posted October 10, 2013 So I currently have a BL 18 on an SQ2200. I wanna get another 18 and another 2200, but I was wonder if I could just run the 2 BLs off of one 2200. So basically what I'm asking is would 1 18 on 2200w be louder or would 2 18s on 1100 a piece be louder? FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!! 2003 Explorer Sport: FI BL18 SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm Pioneer DEH-2500UI Pioneer 6 x 8s Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s 5 ft^3 box at 35hz Lots of Mega Mat
Agreene Posted October 10, 2013 Report Posted October 10, 2013 Id say get the 2nd sub first, more cone area on the same power would be louder. the box has to do a lot with this too. if need be, you could always get that 2nd amp and strap it
Brandonbkd Posted October 10, 2013 Author Report Posted October 10, 2013 It's just that money is the issue right now. Can afford both the sub and amp right now as I'm about to get a h/o alt FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!! 2003 Explorer Sport: FI BL18 SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm Pioneer DEH-2500UI Pioneer 6 x 8s Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s 5 ft^3 box at 35hz Lots of Mega Mat
Agreene Posted October 10, 2013 Report Posted October 10, 2013 most people get there shit done steps at a time and yes out of all of this the H/O should be priority especially since you want another amp
mothra Posted October 10, 2013 Report Posted October 10, 2013 Cone area usually wins out. I'd go with another sub. It takes 2 subs less energy to move the same air that one can move. Also since you going to a 2 sub set up you can build a slightly larger box so it'll be more efficient and produce good output on lower power. Example, single 12 on 1000 watts in a 2 cubic ft box tuned to 32 hz. 2 of those same 12s in a 5 cubic box tuned to 32hz on the same amp. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Crandis16 Posted October 10, 2013 Report Posted October 10, 2013 Cone area is king. Do cone area then power My Red zx2 Build Log My Black zx2 Build Log My Red zx2 UBL
Brandonbkd Posted October 10, 2013 Author Report Posted October 10, 2013 Okay that's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing it all wrong haha. Thanks guys FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!! 2003 Explorer Sport: FI BL18 SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm Pioneer DEH-2500UI Pioneer 6 x 8s Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s 5 ft^3 box at 35hz Lots of Mega Mat
baron_of_bass Posted October 10, 2013 Report Posted October 10, 2013 It's all about efficiency, if you have enough space to run another 18 do it. Team Bass-Hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.